Blender Documentation contents
This document is an API reference for Blender 2.56.1. built Unknown.
For a more general explanation of blender/python see the API Overview
A PDF version of this document is also available
The Python API in Blender is UNSTABLE, It should only be used for testing, any script written now may break in future releases.
- The following areas are subject to change.
- operator names and arguments
- render api
- function calls with the data api (any function calls with values accessed from bpy.data), including functions for importing and exporting meshes
- class registration (Operator, Panels, Menus, Headers)
- modules: bpy.props, blf)
- members in the bpy.context have to be reviewed
- python defined modal operators, especially drawing callbacks are highly experemental
- These parts of the API are relatively stable and are unlikely to change significantly
- data API, access to attributes of blender data such as mesh verts, material color, timeline frames and scene objects
- user interface functions for defining buttons, creation of menus, headers, panels
- modules: bgl and mathutils
- game engine modules