Previous Thread  Next Thread

chat icon ngon triangulation errors

martin.hedin

Posted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:38 am
Hi,

I have been having some problems exporting to Cryengine with Cryblend. And I found that the problem seems to be triangulation of ngons when exporting to OBJ format.

Does this look correct to you? To me it seems like the faces are not welded properly. (Triangulating with CTRL+T)

Here I have only subdivided one face twice and extruded the four center polygons, then triangulated all faces.

[/img]

Darkmatterial

Posted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:26 pm
Hello I have the same problem when importing an .obj file from Cinema 4D into blender it preserves the apperance and construction lines, once I export the same object from blender (also as .obj) it creates a freaking poligon chaos, even thou the basic shape remains the same the inner skeleton is a mess (triangles everywhere) as I said before, have discovered any solution?
Cheers
[/img]

CoDEmanX

Posted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 2:24 pm
have you tried 2.64a or a more recent build?

this should have been fixed already...

Darkmatterial

Posted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 4:30 pm
CoDEmanX wrote:
have you tried 2.64a or a more recent build?

this should have been fixed already...

Hello,
Thanks for the response,
Yes I have 2.64a what I have found till now is that this problem starts thanks to the N-(freaking)Gons in Cinema 4D the thing is that when I open the file in blender 2.49b it appears to be QUADillicious but somehow the n-gons are still there, when I open the file in 2.64a the TRIANGLE mess in my model skeleton appear and I can't get rid of it.

Jump to: