Previous Thread  Next Thread

chat icon Can Not Take It Anymore

Grove

Posted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:39 pm
For at least a year now I have been struggling with Blender. I have a Win 7 machine and Blender just will not play nice. I have not been able to complete an example tutorial exactly as shown because each day a different Blender shows up. One day the tool works this way and the next , it does something completely different. No matter what I try, it just does not function properly. I have the most current version available. I gave it one more chance and started to try and create the Volvo EC140C. Try and use all the stuff I have tried to learn. You know, modeling , rigging, animating. Stuff Blender is supposed to be able to do. I was really starting to get somewhere. I was seeing that my modeling was greatly improving. Now all of a sudden, when I try to edit an object, as soon as I it the middle mouse button, everything just disappears. I finally figured out that if I hit Shift +c, it comes back. Big deal, I still can not use the middle mouse button. I just can not take the aggravation any longer.
I do not have this problem with Maya, Modo, Solidworks, etc.
I wanted to try Blender because I mean WOW, look at what it could be. At least to me that is.
I joined this forum for the sole purpose of letting out some frustration for all this wasted time.
I just have to sign off on Blender.
I hope the best for the program, but for me, it has been pure frustration and aggravation. I have to move on.........

Tehrasha

Posted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:15 am
Obviously, it is entirely the software's fault, and other users just put up with it...

Grove

Posted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 2:49 am
at least with the other software I use, let's say Solidworks or any other 3D software, the functions run the same every time. Using Blender, I can start a new file, lets say run the spin function in editing. In said file, what it is doing I have no idea. I then open a new file, run the same exact objects and spin function and it works like a charm. If it is people like you and your response that are running Blender, I then have made the right decision because Blender will not mature to play in the big leagues. I think what the people have contributed is awesome. I am far from the first to have complained about Blenders and it bugs

Tehrasha

Posted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 4:08 am
Please dont misunderstand. I dont speak for, or represent Blender in any fashion other then that of a user.

A user who repeatedly sees people come to the forums and whine about how Blender doesnt do $function like $application, Blender sucks. Something isnt working like I think it should be working, so Blender sucks. I am following $tutorial for $version and it doesnt work on $my_version, Blender sucks.

In your example, you mention a middle-click problem causing you headaches, but no question as to why it might be doing it. Blender just sucks, despite many others using it without any such trouble.

Since Shift-C (center view) fixes your situation, it might be a simple matter of your perspective being in the wrong mode, or the pivot point being in the wrong position, so any mouse movement when you middle-click, rotates your model and it shoots it out into the void at warp speed. (Hmmm, I remember 3DSMax doing this to me also, so unprofessional, 3DSMax sucks.)

But you dont want to hear answers, you have already made up your mind.

Last edited by Tehrasha on Sat Nov 17, 2012 8:22 pm; edited 1 time in total

stiv

Posted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 6:09 pm
From your initial description, it sounds like your version of Blender is possessed by evil spirits. Did you install it over an Indian burial ground?

If you have questions on *using* blender, the user forums at blenderartists.org are a good place to ask.

silverkorn

Posted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:26 am
stiv wrote:
From your initial description, it sounds like your version of Blender is possessed by evil spirits. Did you install it over an Indian burial ground?

Or did he just bought IllusionMage? Wink

Grove

Posted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:42 am
Your right. If I paid for the software then I would have a bit@#, but since it is free, you get what you pay for.
Right now, you could not sell Blender because of the numerous bugs.
The only way I was able to correct the problem is delete the piece I was working on and start over.
Like I said, "you get what you pay for..."

stiv

Posted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:00 am
Quote:
Right now, you could not sell Blender because of the numerous bugs.

Actually, you can. A quick search on eBay shows a number of people selling it under various names and brands.

Historically, problems using Blender are often from

a) a dogged determination to believe Blender works like some piece of familiar softare

b) attempts to 'just figure it out' rather than referring to manuals, videos or other documentation.

Greenleaf

Posted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:20 pm
Grove wrote:
For at least a year now I have been struggling with Blender...

I agree. The interface changes rapidly. Manuals become out of date.

Jump to: