Previous Thread  Next Thread

chat icon Some problems with a first build.

ant.t

Posted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:15 am
I'm having some issues with building the dependencies from the install_deps.sh script. The first was a problem with creating the ffmpeg-1.0 download folder, it seems that there was a mkdir -p $SRC missing on line 532.

The other is more serious and I haven't been able to fix it:

Code:
libavcodec/libavcodec.a(libx264.o): In function `X264_init':
/root/src/blender-deps/ffmpeg-1.0/libavcodec/libx264.c:533: undefined reference to `x264_encoder_open_129'
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [ffmpeg_g] Error 1
make: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
libavcodec/libavcodec.a(libx264.o): In function `X264_init':
/root/src/blender-deps/ffmpeg-1.0/libavcodec/libx264.c:533: undefined reference to `x264_encoder_open_129'
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [ffplay_g] Error 1
FFmpeg-1.0 failed to compile, exiting

I've had a look at the offending line and there doesn't seem to be anything out of whack there:

Code:

it's  x4->enc = x264_encoder_open(&x4->params);

There is a #include for x264 at the top of the file, libx264_dev is also installed from the default debian repos, I've used both true and false for the X264_USE flag and nothing seems to change the error message I get.

Any ideas what to do to fix it?

mikevan

Posted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:44 pm
The initial setting of false is changed to true later in the script if it finds the library in question, if you haven't found it yet. If there is a problem with the library you could try re-installing the -dev file. No problems here this morning in that regard with a fresh svn update.

ant.t

Posted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:53 am
mikevan wrote:
The initial setting of false is changed to true later in the script if it finds the library in question, if you haven't found it yet. If there is a problem with the library you could try re-installing the -dev file. No problems here this morning in that regard with a fresh svn update.

No luck, got a new pull today and it still failed at the same place with the same error. I already have an up to date (in debian testing) libx264-dev installed I also got xlib264-129 from debian multimedia sid and still got the same message.

stiv

Posted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 6:09 pm
Is your x264 lib showing up in the link command AND is the x264_encoder_open_129 symbol in your version of the lib?

ldo

Posted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 1:52 am
I build both FFmpeg and x264 from source, rather than relying on slow-to-update distro packages. The respective Git repos are:

git://git.videolan.org/x264.git
git://git.videolan.org/ffmpeg.git

There is a bit of a circularity between them, in that the x264 binary depends on FFmpeg, while FFmpeg in turn depends on the x264 libraries. When there is an incompatible API change, you may find that the x264 binary fails to build, while the libraries are fine, but the build failure means you canít do a make install: you have to manually copy the updated x264 includes and libraries into the right place, then update and install your FFmpeg, then come back and finish building and installing the x264 binary.

Iíve gone through this at least twice now.

Jump to: