Previous Thread  Next Thread

chat icon Reset blender User Interface?

sy

Posted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 4:41 am
Hi.
how to reset User interface.
i may have done some changes
and would like to restore them to default setting if possible. especially changes that have been saved to a curent working file.
Thanks.

LetterRip

Posted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 8:30 am
You should have a file called

.B.blend in your .blender folder

if you replace that with a new .B.blend (or possibly delete it should work, but I don't recall for sure), then it should put you back to the defaults.

LetterRip

phoinx

Posted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 2:11 pm
1) To reset interface AND the current opened file: File > Load Factory Settings;
2) To open a file without loading its interface: File> Open, then untick the "Load UI" in the left of the File Browser window.

Ctrl+U saves the current file as Blender default file (the one seen when Blender is opened).

Seen at: http://blenderartists.org/forum/showthread.php?t=202110&page=1

Peterart

Posted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 7:10 pm
and how to reset the default screens without loosing your work ?

the tip above made me loose a whole day of work Sad

Tehrasha

Posted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:06 pm
I dont know what possesed you to reset your user interface without at least saving your current project first...

But the fix is...

Start a new project.
Load factory defaults.
Save user settings.

Now when you load your project, deselect the 'Load UI' box on the left side of the Open file window. Once you have loaded your project with the default layout, save your project immediately.

Your project will now have the default layout.

arpheztwig

Posted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:38 am
Tehrasha wrote:
I dont know what possesed you to reset your user interface without at least saving your current project first...

I don't know what possessed them to let any alterations of the interface affect the work, whatsoever.

It's easy to accidentally grab the edge of a window that you've tuned to your liking and drag it out of existence, and an, "undo change to interface," or, "interface reset" would be incredibly valuable to me, as well.

just having to remake windows is an interruption to work flow and source of frustration when in the middle of a challenging project, let alone losing work in the process. I've cursed the program and given up on entire projects, for similar annoyances. then again, I am no expert. I just love blender, and want it to be perfect...

Jump to: