Recruiting Team members for 3 video game projects

Discussions and feedback around the Open Projects such as Orange (Elephants Dream), Peach (Big Buck Bunny), Apricot (Yo Frankie!)...

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

lupusparadox

Recruiting Team members for 3 video game projects

Postby lupusparadox » Wed Apr 04, 2012 5:12 am

Hello, I am looking for people who love video games and think a lot of games nowadays are lacking in quality and the companies just want to make money and do not care about how the gamer feels. I am currently working with 2 others to create 3 video games(once I get full team we will vote which one we want to make first).

I have copyrighted all 3 titles already and have started working with my team on each title, but with my current team with current skill levels, it would take 8 years to finish the first game.

The working titles for the 3 games are Gamma, Infinite Reality, and True Horror. Details about each game are as follows.

Gamma is a third person rpg/shooter that takes place on a future Earth destroyed by a nearby sun going supernova and flooding the earth with gamma radiation. Humans have survived by building stasis pods underground and waiting for the Earth to become livable again, but the computer that was suppose to wake them up was damaged and now 100 years after they were originally suppose to awaken they finally start waking up 1 by 1 only to find their world taken over by aliens. although the game is free roam style, the game's storyline will severely change depending on which difficulty you choose. for example, on easy you start in your stasis pod being awakened by your friends, while on the hardest difficulty you awaken strapped to a table with 30 seconds to figure out how to escape before you are cut open by alien scientists. There will be co-op mode where each player has their own custom character each with unique abilities. There is also multiplayer where each battle travels across the past, present, and future all on a single map where if something is destroyed in the past it shows in the present and future. You can customize every little detail about your character and weaponry. The maps are also 80% destructible environments.

Infinite Reality is a MMORPG where there are 5 sides each lead by different gods and beliefs and each side has plenty of sub-gods to pick to believe in for boosts to your character, for example the god of greed gives you an item and gold droprate bonus. Each player starts off by owning a small 1 room shack but can upgrade it to own your own town where you can hire npcs to run shops, farm, mine, protect the town, etc. By joining a guild your town becomes part of that guild nation and you unlock special town types like a town that is underwater, or a town in trees, etc. that each increase your towns defense and you will be able to send traders to and from any other guild town to sell what you don't need and buy what you do from your fellow guild members. Also npc towns can be taken over by mobs or other sides except for the capital to each side. In this game there are over 200 job classes and over 100 races to choose from each with their own starting stats, skills, and bonuses.

True Horror is a MMO Survival Horror game that is as close to being in a real zombie apocalypse as possible. You choose your age, sex, weight, height, occupation, and hobby, that will then create your base character which u can customize the looks for. Working on creating the entire united states as the playing field and based on your ip adress you will start near to where you actually live in real life. Almost everything can be used as a weapon or barricade. depending on what you choose for height and weight will determine your ability to carry or move heavy items, or choose where you can fit through a hole or not. Your occupation and hobby will decide your base skills, knowledge, and starting weapons and location. For example a drug dealer might start in a prison cell with a shiv and have knowledge about drugs and chemistry, while a student who is 22 years old might start in a college dorm room or classroom with a laptop and a backpack as starting gear. Students start with no actual skills or knowledge but they can learn new skills faster than any other occupation.

As of right now can not pay anyone, but if we finish the first game we should be making money off of it, although I want people who care more about making an amazing game than people who just care about the money they can make.

Does anyone want to try and make games that break the mold game companies use in today's games? you can contact me in the forum or email me at lupusparadox@gmail.com

Tehrasha

Re: Recruiting Team members for 3 video game projects

Postby Tehrasha » Wed Apr 04, 2012 6:02 am

lupusparadox wrote:I have copyrighted all 3 titles already and have started working with my team on each title, but with my current team with current skill levels, it would take 8 years to finish the first game.

So whats the current status?

http://www.freewebs.com/eternalwolfgames/

Looks pretty quiet/dead since 2008...
Spacemice Wiki -- Input devices for a 3D world.
Spacemice / Blender Compatibility

lupusparadox

Postby lupusparadox » Wed Apr 04, 2012 6:37 am

That was a long time ago when I was working completely by myself and then my computer crashed on me and lost a lot of data so gave up for a bit while I went to college. Graduated about 7 months ago and have been working on it again with 2 others ever since. Honestly I forgot about that old website lol. Making a new one that hopefully will be up by christmas at the latest.

ustho

Still?

Postby ustho » Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:46 am

Hey, I'm currently a student in the Game Design Industry and was curious of the status of your projects thus far. Are they still active? What qualifications would I need to work on your team and what can I expect if I am chosen? If you would like to know any of my experience please reply and I will attempt to give you the information you need :). Have a great day.

farbw3rk

Postby farbw3rk » Sat Nov 24, 2012 10:04 pm

if you've got some visuals to show at the current stage (animated or still doesn't matter) i'll check if i can help out with bgm/sfx.
show me some content and i'll make a short demo so you can consider letting me in the team or not. fair deal. :)

btw.: which platform do you aim at? mobile, console or pc/mac?

Return to “Blender Open Projects”