Previous Thread  Next Thread

chat icon No revision number in splash screen - MSVC++ 2008 and CMAKE

chemikal

Posted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 11:45 pm
I'm facing a small yet annoying problem when compiling Blender 2.58 from the trunk.I'm using Windows 7 x64, MSVC ++ 2008, CMake, and Tortoise SVN to get the sources.

When pressing "Configure" in CMake, it gives me this message:

Could NOT find Subversion (missing: Subversion_SVN_EXECUTABLE)

After compiling, Blender runs absolutely fine, except it doesn't show revision number in its splash screen.Instead, what is shown is just "runknown".

So I've tried setting tortoiseproc.exe full path as the value for Subversion_SVN_EXECUTABLE in CMake, but no success.

I've even tried to create a bat file with the content:

"C:\Program Files\TortoiseSVN\bin\SubWCRev.exe" "C:\Blender\blender"

And putting BAT full path into Subversion_SVN_EXECUTABLE, it actually shows revision when configuring the solution in CMake, but when compiling, I see a message saying (again):

"Could NOT find Subversion (missing: Subversion_SVN_EXECUTABLE)"

After having searched the internet a lot with no info whatsoever about my problem, I decided to post here....

Please point in the right direction about what subversion software to use, and what is the value I should set for "Subversion_SVN_EXECUTABLE" in order to get revision to appear in splash screen with VC++ 2008 and CMake...

Thanks for any help...

stiv

Posted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 1:56 am
"Subversion" (also called SVN after the name of the executable ) is a package for managing source code revisions.
It comes with the "svn" executable and a number of utilities; one of which, "svnversion", is used to generate version numbers in cases just like this.

TortoiseSVN is a graphical client for talking to SVN repositories. I have no idea what it comes with or what flags might be used to generate various behaviors.

chemikal

Posted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 2:04 am
stiv wrote:
"Subversion" (also called SVN after the name of the executable ) is a package for managing source code revisions.
It comes with the "svn" executable and a number of utilities; one of which, "svnversion", is used to generate version numbers in cases just like this.

TortoiseSVN is a graphical client for talking to SVN repositories. I have no idea what it comes with or what flags might be used to generate various behaviors.

I've tried also with Slik SVN (with actually comes with SVN.exe) but yet , no way to get the info displayed in splash screen...

It always tells me the same:

missing: Subversion_SVN_EXECUTABLE

It doesn't matter whether I've set it up or not in CMake GUI...

Any clues?

mcleary

Posted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 8:11 pm
chemikal wrote:
stiv wrote:

I've tried also with Slik SVN (with actually comes with SVN.exe) but yet , no way to get the info displayed in splash screen...

It always tells me the same:

missing: Subversion_SVN_EXECUTABLE

It doesn't matter whether I've set it up or not in CMake GUI...

Any clues?

The Subversion_SVN_EXECUTABLE option is already configured in the cmake files that come with blender.

You need to set your PATH with the directory where the svn.exe file is located.

The cmake will append svn.exe to your path.

Jump to: