Previous Thread  Next Thread

chat icon Blender 2.65 (build rev: 53972) Mac OS X 10.7.5 CUDA Issue

m_bartholomew

Posted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:02 pm
I just built Blender 2.65 (build rev: 53972) today for my Mac and the resulting version displays the following error when I go to the System tab of the User Preferences window:

Quote:
CUDA cuInit: Unknown CUDA error value

Unfortunately, the only option for me to choose is CPU, which is not what I was looking for. I need to be able to select my GTX 470, yet it is not listed.

Here is my system setup:

Quote:
Mac Pro 1,1
Mac OS X 10.7.5
GeForce GTX 470

From CUDA-Z:
GeForce GTX 470
Driver Version: 7.33.0 295.00.05f03 (most recent version)
Driver Dll Version: 5.0
Runtime Dll Version: 4.2

I also made sure that version 4.2 of the CUDA Toolkit was installed when compiling, per http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Doc:2.6/Manual/Render/Cycles/GPU_Rendering

Frustrated, I opened an old version (2.60 build revision:41382) of Blender that I downloaded from GraphicAll.org and it allowed me to choose CUDA. Upon attempting to render the scene I received the following error message:

Quote:
CUDA error: Unknown CUDA error value
CUDA error: Driver not initialized in cuCtxSetCurrent(cuContext)
CUDA error: Driver not initialized in cuMemAlloc(&device_pointer, mem.memory_size())
CUDA error: Driver not initialized in cuCtxSetCurrent(NULL)
CUDA error: Driver not initialized in cuMemsetD8(cuda_device_ptr(mem.device_pointer), 0, mem.memory_size())
CUDA error: Driver not initialized in cuMemAlloc(&device_pointer, mem.memory_size())
CUDA error: Driver not initialized in cuMemcpyHtoD(cuda_device_ptr(mem.device_pointer), (void*)mem.data_pointer, mem.memory_size())
CUDA error: Driver not initialized in cuGraphicsGLRegisterBuffer(&pmem.cuPBOresource, pmem.cuPBO, CU_GRAPHICS_MAP_RESOURCE_FLAGS_NONE)
CUDA error: Driver not initialized in cuGraphicsUnregisterResource(pmem.cuPBOresource)
CUDA error: Driver not initialized in cuCtxDetach(cuContext)

I am able to build and run all of the CUDA samples NVIDIA has provided with the toolkit without issue, and CUDA-Z has no problem finding my GeForce GTX 470 and running performance tests against it. Does anyone have any idea what is going on? I purchased this video card specifically for use with Blender Cycles and would be eternally grateful for any help!

Thanks!

Jump to: