Previous Thread  Next Thread

chat icon Help With Error when Running Blender

aaguilar

Posted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:15 pm
Hello Everyone,

I was wondering if anyone can help me out with a problem I am experiencing when running Blender after I have compiled it from source. The error I receive is the following:

blender: /afs/crc.nd.edu/x86_64_linux/blender/src2/llvm/llvm/include/llvm/Support/CommandLine.h:646: void llvm::cl::parser<DataType>::addLiteralOption(const char*, const DT&, const char*) [with DT = llvm::ScheduleDAGInstrs* (*)(llvm::MachineSchedContext*), DataType = llvm::ScheduleDAGInstrs* (*)(llvm::MachineSchedContext*)]: Assertion `findOption(Name) == Values.size() && "Option already exists!"' failed.
Abort

Also, I used the following flags when configuring blender so that it could find LLVM:

-DLLVM_DIRECTORY=/opt/crc/blender/Dependencies/2.65a/LLVM-3.2 -DLLVM_VERSION=3.2

Also, I am compiling Blender from source because our systems run RHEL 5 and it has an older glibc version than the one required to run the binaries of Blender. I would appreciate any help.

Thank you,
Antelmo

stiv

Posted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 3:53 am
Near as I can tell, it is spitting up over command line options. What options are you running with?

aaguilar

Posted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:10 pm
Hello Stiv,

If by command line options you mean what command I used to run blender from the terminal, then that command is "./blender". I did not add any additional options. I apologize if that is not what you were asking.

Thank you,
Antelmo

stiv

Posted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:22 pm
Exactly what I meant! We'll have to find an llvm guy for this one.

aaguilar

Posted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:57 pm
Hello Stiv,

Thank you for your reply. Just to let you and anyone else know, I compiled Blender without CYCLES_OSL and LLVM and everything seems to run find(at least I was able to get the GUI of Blender). So hopefully someone can help me out on what I am doing wrong when trying to build with OSL and LLVM. I would appreciate any suggestions.

Thanks,
Antelmo

ldo

Posted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:11 am
What’s not clear from the error message is where exactly inside Blender is the error being triggered.

Are you able to build Blender with debugging symbols, run it under GDB, and get a traceback when the error is triggered?

aaguilar

Posted: Tue May 14, 2013 8:06 pm
Hello Ido,

Thank you for responding. I kind of gave up with trying to install Blender with OSL from source. I just compiled it without OSL. Our systems are also being upgraded from RHEL 5 to RHEL 6 so I will be able to get the Blender binaries from now on.

-Antelmo

Jump to: