objects not created in the correct plane?

The interface, modeling, 3d editing tools, import/export, feature requests, etc

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

zedeneye1

objects not created in the correct plane?

Postby zedeneye1 » Tue Feb 12, 2013 1:57 pm

if I create a new object (mesh, plane etc etc) in say the front viewport, I expect the object to be created on the z-x axes, but it gets created on x-y axes. is there a way to fix that?

like in 3ds max, if I create a plane on the front viewport, it gets created in z-x axes as opposed to x-y axes regardless of what viewport you are in like in blender.

so due to this , you have to rotate the object every time to align it properly.

is there a way to solve this problem.

thanks.

stiv

Postby stiv » Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:06 pm

Objects get created at the location of the 3D cursor. There is a setting for Align to View or Z-Up.

zedeneye1

Postby zedeneye1 » Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:21 pm

stiv wrote:Objects get created at the location of the 3D cursor. There is a setting for Align to View or Z-Up.

yes, but with that option on, now in perspective mode when I create an object, its facing towards me and not on any axis. Is it possible to make addon (or is there already one out there??) which which I could select on which plane the object is created in different viewports? I want objects to be facing z-axis in perspective mode only but in other modes (front, back, left, right, top, bottom) , they should face the viewport. is that possible?

Return to “Interface & Tools”