Newb>relative verticies manipulation other than "sca

The interface, modeling, 3d editing tools, import/export, feature requests, etc

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

Benski

Newb>relative verticies manipulation other than "sca

Postby Benski » Mon Jul 28, 2003 5:02 am

Vertices can be scaled relative to each other. Can this be done with the "grab" command relative to an axis? Mirrored movement about an axis in other words. :shock:

ChrisW

Postby ChrisW » Mon Jul 28, 2003 5:11 am

do you mean like shear? ctrl + s

Benski

Postby Benski » Mon Jul 28, 2003 5:40 am

I don't believe so. For example if one vertice is located on x=1, y=1 and the complementary vertice is on x=-1,y=1, I want to be able to move the first vertice to x=2, y=2 and the complementary vertice moves to x=-2, y=2. I know I can get the same effect by scaling then moving, but this does not work so well if you move several vertices at the same time and you want mirrored movement without the scaling.

aphex

Postby aphex » Mon Jul 28, 2003 10:12 pm

Benski wrote:I don't believe so. For example if one vertice is located on x=1, y=1 and the complementary vertice is on x=-1,y=1, I want to be able to move the first vertice to x=2, y=2 and the complementary vertice moves to x=-2, y=2. I know I can get the same effect by scaling then moving, but this does not work so well if you move several vertices at the same time and you want mirrored movement without the scaling.

Hi,

You need to make a linked duplicate (CTRL+ALT+D) of the mesh and then mirror the duplicate. Any changes you make to one mesh will then be mirrored in the other. When you're done modelling, you just join the two halves.

Oh, and you should be posting questions like this at www.elysiun.com !!! :)

Hope that helps!

aphex

Benski

Postby Benski » Wed Jul 30, 2003 2:41 am

Greatly appreciated aphex!

Thanks for the FAQ tip. I'll stick posting my enoyingly green questions to elysiun until I get my feet wet :oops:

Return to “Interface & Tools”