Previous Thread  Next Thread

chat icon Blender & VRML

darklynx

Posted: Mon Oct 21, 2002 8:40 am
Ave!I donīt know if itīs the right place to ask but does anyone know how Blender works with VRML scripts?I know I can import them but they didnīt seem to work properly(when i imported my own scripts).
By the way am i the only Greek Blender user existing?

Jamesk

Posted: Mon Oct 21, 2002 9:18 am
darklynx wrote:
By the way am i the only Greek Blender user existing?

Since you guys banned computer games - yes! Very Happy Since it's possible to make games with Blender, I assume you are performing an illegal act just by using it Very Happy

Kidding!

xype

Posted: Mon Oct 21, 2002 11:46 am
VRML itself is a very complex language and I am not sure of one software package that supports it 100% - most of them are stuck at loading vrml models and at best some simple animations. blender only loads the objects and even here I think there were some problems with the location of multiple objects (last time I tried VRML anyway)

madprof

Posted: Mon Oct 21, 2002 3:08 pm
Xerete!

Well, I'm not greek, but I live in Cyprus Smile

Leipon, den eimai ellenas, alla meno stin Kypros Smile

MadProf

ton

Posted: Mon Oct 21, 2002 3:19 pm
In the latest release importing VRML was moved to a python implementation.

Simple (VRML 1) input can be found in the blender/src/exotic.c file.

There are more greeks! At elysiun there was a thread about this a while ago... try the search there.

k-fish

Posted: Mon Oct 21, 2002 8:10 pm
Jamesk wrote:
Since you guys banned computer games - yes! Very Happy Since it's possible to make games with Blender, I assume you are performing an illegal act just by using it

Well this isn't so funny after all. Just because the government couldn't really differentiate between gambling machines and all other "types" of games... Confused

Well, anyway, this has been changed again, so it should be legal to use blender again Smile

Jump to: