oldsite.blender.org

Feedback to the Blender Foundation and the moderators of this website

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

theraz

oldsite.blender.org

Postby theraz » Sun Sep 07, 2003 7:56 am

What happened to it? Is it gone for good? If not, when will we get it back?

For those who don't know, oldsite is down. I really loved having access to that info!

If I missed something, sorry for the misinformed post, but if I haven't it would be nice to know what happened.

Also, I have a question regarding the REALLY old site. The grey one from 1998-2000. I have fond memories of that site (the simplicity) and the usefulness of the forums compared to these ones! Are there any backup copies online? Or filed away in someone's computer? If so, I'd love a copy.

Finally, I would like to know if the blender.nl forums will ever be restored. Like I said before, if they have, or are going to be, and I just don't know about it, I apoligize (I have been out of touch with Blender for a while). The information on those was just gold. elysiun just doesn't cut it for me- too off topic, and it seems that no one keeps it up to date anymore!

ton
Site Admin

Postby ton » Wed Sep 10, 2003 2:40 pm

oldsite is back now. The articles and tutorials will be extracted from it as regular html, to be hosted at blender3d.org.
After that we'll shut it down indefinitely.

We keep of course a full backup of the system. The old forums are indeed a treasure, also for historic reasons... when a reliable site offers to host this again (read only!) we'll permit them to do that. Maybe something for elysiun?

theraz

Postby theraz » Sat Sep 13, 2003 9:20 am

Cool!

As for the forums, I'm interested in how large they are (immense, I imagine). I doubt I could offer hosting, but I could certainly imagine someone with GBs to burn and some serious Blender pride would be willing to take on this task.

So, I'm still wondering if you guys might have an archive of the code to the old-old "grey" site (images, HTML). Sentiment only, of course! I tried to use web.archive.org but they're all goofed up.

I look forward to Blender's future, and the future of the community.

Timothy

Postby Timothy » Sat Sep 13, 2003 10:36 am

elysiun could host the old forums,.. but I don't want to / can't spend time on setting that up,..
Perhaps b@rt is interested in helping out with that...

Return to “Foundation and Websites”