Previous Thread  Next Thread

chat icon Color me confused!

Posted: Mon Oct 14, 2002 2:32 am

Ok. I've been using blender since version 1.7x, but now that they've gone open source, I (as a windows 98 user) can no longer use blender??? Thanks for nothing??!

Crying or Very sad

depressed,
scatman

phoenix

Posted: Mon Oct 14, 2002 3:40 am
Anonymous wrote:
Ok. I've been using blender since version 1.7x, but now that they've gone open source, I (as a windows 98 user) can no longer use blender??? Thanks for nothing??!

Crying or Very sad

depressed,
scatman

How do you figure you can no longer use Blender?

Posted: Mon Oct 14, 2002 4:26 am

I want to use the new version (2.25) of blender, but apparently you need a compliler or whatever. This is a first.

What the freak?! Sad ,
scatman

zola

Posted: Mon Oct 14, 2002 6:04 am
Anonymous wrote:
I want to use the new version (2.25) of blender, but apparently you need a compliler or whatever. This is a first.

What the freak?! Sad ,
scatman

Settle down man. The source has only just been released and judging from the few posts I've seen no-one's been able to build it yet. Have a little patience - when someone gets it to build I'm sure you'll find a binary to download.

xype

Posted: Tue Oct 15, 2002 9:39 pm
Anonymous wrote:

What the freak?! Sad ,
scatman

people are wokring on getting the binaries up

brian_dlm

Posted: Tue Oct 15, 2002 11:03 pm
Would have been nice if it came with build instructions. The best way to build a large project like this is to create a workspace (dsw) that contains all the necessary .dsp files to build everything in the proper order. Instead of adding new functionality we have to waste time putting a build together.

Aze

Posted: Tue Oct 15, 2002 11:15 pm
better than not getting blender at all..... Confused

ton

Posted: Tue Oct 15, 2002 11:56 pm
We had to remove a crucial part of Blender, due to GPL rules... this makes the release quite complicated.
There's also no company behind it anymore, and with volunteers we've worked hard to get this far. With at least the code available, correctly licensed, and a new website.
And don't forget about the conference that helped us enormous in feedback on issues, and motivating people.

For the 'regular' users out there: I'm looking at putting a 2.25 (the original compiled one) at the download section. This week we have to move servers again, and I have to check the correct license for that as well first, so please give me some time.

Mel_Q

Posted: Wed Oct 16, 2002 12:11 am
even though I can't get it to compile (yet), there's still a lot
with the source to be happy about.

Anyone working on an Amiga port?? Razz
Or even older- Motorola 6809E based?
Imagine the old Dragon 64 taking a whole day to render a primitive donut, in 4 bit color Smile

Jump to: