2. Screenshots
3. A "browse CVS Directory" Button "webcvs"
4. and please remove the login/Account or put it elsewehere

At least I first look at the screenshots and then
if the project looks interesting I get an overview by
it by browsing the CVS Repository.

Vidas

Postby Vidas » Wed Oct 16, 2002 5:59 am

How does that whole judging a book by it's cover go....

Hrivelen

Postby Hrivelen » Wed Oct 16, 2002 1:58 pm

A Wiki would be cool :cool
I love such things.

kAinStein

Postby kAinStein » Wed Oct 16, 2002 3:46 pm

Well... There're in fact some things missing... It's very little information for somebody new to Blender... At least there should be a short description, few screenshots... That's missing...

I don't know if a webinterface for cvs is planned (I don't care either...), but the sources still aren't fully cleaned up, so no public cvs till now, I believe. If you want to browse the sources, does a 5 MB download of the actual released sourcecode scare you off? I don't think so... :wink:

But that all will come for sure... Have a lil patience! This site is still brandnew and work in progress... Tidying up the source might be more important by now...

Happy blending and god bless!
kAinStein

Debaser

Postby Debaser » Wed Oct 16, 2002 10:35 pm

kAinStein wrote:Well... There're in fact some things missing... It's very little information for somebody new to Blender... At least there should be a short description, few screenshots... That's missing...

It has been said before, but that isn't the purpose of this site.
Blender.org is especially for the developers, read more at http://www.blender3d.com/blenderdotorg.html

But it would be helpfull to put links on blender.org to the 'user' pages.
For people who are lost :wink:

kAinStein

Postby kAinStein » Wed Oct 16, 2002 11:01 pm

Debaser wrote:
kAinStein wrote:Well... There're in fact some things missing... It's very little information for somebody new to Blender... At least there should be a short description, few screenshots... That's missing...

It has been said before, but that isn't the purpose of this site.
Blender.org is especially for the developers, read more at http://www.blender3d.com/blenderdotorg.html

You know, I know, who's stuck to Blender (especially in the last 6 months) knows. Out there in the world nobody knows. So it does not make sense put a developer site up called blender.org, without any information and links to further infos. Even it is only there for the improvement/development stuff...

If I'm remembering right, that request was not the first since blender.org is up. :wink:

Debaser wrote:But it would be helpfull to put links on blender.org to the 'user' pages.
For people who are lost :wink:

I would suggest a short description and one or two screenshots. Well, the links should be a must!

sedgetone

Postby sedgetone » Fri Oct 18, 2002 12:09 am

I'd love to know who exactly is doing what with the source. It seems we have a lot of lone wolves chasing their own goals. Can we have somewhere on the site a nice clear list of who is working on what so we can consolidate our efforts. The quicker the source gets commented, cleaned up and autoconfig'ed the better. Then we've can all start singing from the same hymn sheet.

I'd like to know also what bits of code developers out there have already got planed to put into blender. It's great to see the python module and plugins have got fixed in the windows version, if only we could now see that on all platforms....

Lets stop the chaos before it begins.

Sedgetone

xitnalta

Postby xitnalta » Fri Oct 18, 2002 2:18 am

Debaser wrote:It has been said before, but that isn't the purpose of this site.

I never saw a "development-only" website that didn't also include all the necessary information a user would need to start using the software developed there. Only an example of such a site would convince me that it would be a good idea to do such a strict separation for the Blender websites.
Felix

xitnalta

Postby xitnalta » Fri Oct 18, 2002 2:34 am

sedgetone wrote:Lets stop the chaos before it begins.

In the conference, Ton decided to first have a platform for discussion (these forums), where needs for later organization can become better apparent. There was not a lot of time to properly (and: completely) organize this whole portal anyway. So for the remaining organizational work, there will have to be some discussions and discussed proposals before the admins (Ton, Timothy, ...) really implement them. (Well, that was very logical - you can't do anything before you know about it... normally...) :wink:

For the future, Ton intended to have project spaces on blender.org for engaged people to realize their ideas. So from the discussions I see going on, there might be a project for code clean-up, one for ensuring compilability (related topic: tinderbox), several personal spaces for creative minds to publish their patched versions of Blender (whose patches are likely to reach the official Blender repository, of course), and a mailing list as a way to officially get patches through to the people that have write access to CVS.

But hey - this site isn't even a week old - let it evolve (and get discussed) some more first. :wink:
Felix

estqwerty

make it simple

Postby estqwerty » Wed Oct 23, 2002 6:44 pm

will be easy if there are some links ti beginers information tutorials etc.
working links pls ;)

Return to “Foundation and Websites”