more colors for wireframe 3d view

The interface, modeling, 3d editing tools, import/export, feature requests, etc

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

padrino

more colors for wireframe 3d view

Postby padrino » Sun Nov 23, 2003 6:35 pm

for me (in complex scenes) it often is very confusing that every object has this black wireframe.
is it possible to display the wires in the color you gave the material? (or maybe seerately define a color for the wire)
i think this often would make things easier and much clearer.

benjamin

Fred_Pyo

Postby Fred_Pyo » Mon Nov 24, 2003 3:22 am

I second that! I know that we have layers, but sometimes even layers get cluttered... (or however you say it)

bleber

Postby bleber » Mon Nov 24, 2003 6:34 pm

HI

I agree too.
I think that the actual layer system is veri obsolet, I prefer a system like a scene creation for the layer, i these you can put the name, colorr,...
but you can select it with the actual number system.

tinus

Postby tinus » Mon Nov 24, 2003 7:17 pm

Hello,

Please take a look at:
http://tinus.ath.cx/temp/blendercolor.png

This is an example of how it could look like. Note: it was made by a simple hack of, say, 5 lines of code, so very simple.
I myself thought it would be very pleasing to see a color-preview in blender. I also posted this a few months back on the blender forum, and a few people replied.
Some people opposed it with some very good reasons: it just does not fit the interface standards blender uses, therefor not used.

Regards,
--
tinus.

padrino

Postby padrino » Mon Nov 24, 2003 7:54 pm

thanks for your replies!

the screenshot looks great. Thats just the way I thought of it...

If it really is a simple hack, what about a button in user preferences to toggle on/off?

benjamin

thorwil

Re: more colors for wireframe 3d view

Postby thorwil » Tue Nov 25, 2003 4:15 pm

padrino wrote:is it possible to display the wires in the color you gave the material? (or maybe seerately define a color for the wire)

Some apps have lit/shaded wireframe drawmodes. Making material color visible on wireframes could therefore be easily integrated into blender (gui-wise) by implementing it as drawmode.

Return to “Interface & Tools”