Fault with Paint

The interface, modeling, 3d editing tools, import/export, feature requests, etc

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

Benni

Fault with Paint

Postby Benni » Wed Nov 26, 2003 9:25 pm

Here's my problem:
I reinstalled it twice but doesn't work, everything what happens when i click the button "paint" is what you can see on the picture...
Any help? :(

Monkeyboi

Postby Monkeyboi » Wed Nov 26, 2003 9:53 pm

There is nothing wrong with your version, it just looks like that. Wierd I know.. But this is the first release with the menus, so things are not quite finished yet!

Benni

Postby Benni » Thu Nov 27, 2003 5:22 pm

and how can i add a texture to a normal object? :shock:

Monkeyboi

Postby Monkeyboi » Thu Nov 27, 2003 6:52 pm

For questions abot using Blender, please go to the forum on http://www.elysiun.com.

Ill be nice and answer anyway:

The texturepaint mode is only for editing textures that have already been applied. To add a texture, go to the Shading buttons and press Material. Then A button will appear saying "add new" if it doesn't have a material. To add a texture, you need to have a material first. Then go to the texturebuttons and click "Add new", then "Image" and then "Load Image"(in the image panel wcich will pop up. Then select an image on the disk.)

Hope you got it...

z3r0_d

Postby z3r0_d » Fri Nov 28, 2003 9:33 pm

Monkeyboi wrote:The texturepaint mode is only for editing textures that have already been applied. To add a texture, go to the Shading buttons and press Material. Then A button will appear saying "add new" if it doesn't have a material. To add a texture, you need to have a material first. Then go to the texturebuttons and click "Add new", then "Image" and then "Load Image"(in the image panel wcich will pop up. Then select an image on the disk.)

however the texture paint mode is really only useful with the texture opened in a window, and also having the paint buttons (now in edit buttons iirc) visible.

to paint on a texture you can only paint on an image texture that is uvmapped. You must apply an image texture like you would for the game engine and then you can paint it. Painting is really slow and problematic. At the moment it is mostly useless

Return to “Interface & Tools”