Python quick launch mock up

The interface, modeling, 3d editing tools, import/export, feature requests, etc

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

Money_YaY!

Python quick launch mock up

Postby Money_YaY! » Thu Dec 25, 2003 7:22 pm

I have not seen anybody make a simple idea for it yet. Would this be simple ?
http://www.aprilcolo.com/oh/plink/sam/sam.html

It does not depend on automatic load on start up of blender, only works when a button is pressed. Sound good ? Can I pursuade somebody to make it ? ^v^

theeth

Postby theeth » Thu Dec 25, 2003 10:37 pm

Did you give a look at William's scriptspace feature?

Martin
Life is what happens to you when you're busy making other plans.
- John Lennon

Money_YaY!

Postby Money_YaY! » Fri Dec 26, 2003 8:34 pm

theeth wrote:Did you give a look at William's scriptspace feature?

Martin

No I have not yet. Never heard of it. Would you be as kind to share a link to it dear theeth?

blendix

Postby blendix » Sat Dec 27, 2003 1:30 pm

Well, this new scriptspace feature is already in bf-blender cvs, so I think you can already see it in one of those raytrace/refraction builds. It basiscly means there are now separate windows, one for the text editor and one for running scripts. The scriptspace windows has a dropdown menu containing all running scripts to switch between them quickly.

chimera

Postby chimera » Sat Dec 27, 2003 2:21 pm

here's a screeny I just took. so you know what were talking about. sorry about my theme :)

Money_YaY!

Postby Money_YaY! » Sat Dec 27, 2003 3:43 pm

AW ! I had know idea that it was a new window.

Okay then a coment. It needs another popup box that has all of the non running scripts. Or little checks beside the titles of the scripts in the popup. As having to change windows or have two windows open leads to a few to many clicks or even less screen area. Ton said something about how he wants to remove a number of clicks for Blender. Hince the auto pop up of most of the new GUI.

So, I like it but it is still not auto launch yet, but I know that you all are working at it. :D
So I will be paitent. But I just must ask, does my mock up look feasible ? The power of it is far less number of clicks and it would live in one window so you could still edit the code.

One more. Why does the Python window not pan ? Alot of today's new scripts are running cut off and I end up having to pull all of the borders making the 3d view to small. Is it posible to get it to act like the other windows like zoom and pan ?

Return to “Interface & Tools”