is blur optimized

Blender's renderer and external renderer export

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

settra

is blur optimized

Postby settra » Sat Jan 31, 2004 4:12 pm

I was wondering if the blur render was optimized or not ?
I will try to explain myself:

When you render a frame with blur actived to 5, it renders 5 frames:
1 2 3 4 and 5
Now when it renders the next frame (the #2) stupidly it would calculate:
2 3 4 5 6
but since frames 2 3 4 and 5 has already been calculated, does it use them for rendering of frame #2 or does it uses the 'sutpid' way ?

A legitimate way to use the 'stupid' option would be that the frames would change from the rendering of an image to the other but I cannot imagine how/why this would happen.
I never looked in the sources so if someon knows the answer ... And if this could be optimized would someone would be kind and post a bug fix :roll: (never used it and knows not how it works)

theeth

Postby theeth » Sat Jan 31, 2004 5:55 pm

This would only work when the time difference between each shot was exactly equal to one frame, which is rarely the case. In real life, that would be impossible (for an animation at least) since it would mean that the shutter speed is slower than the film speed.

Martin
Life is what happens to you when you're busy making other plans.
- John Lennon

settra

Postby settra » Sat Jan 31, 2004 11:13 pm

the time between 2 shots is not one frame ? :shock: ...
I"m not speeking of real life cameras, but the one in blender of course.
My english might not be good enough to understand well the terms used in there, as i'm french. But anyway, I think you did understood what I said in my previous post, so i'll assume that the solution taken in blender was the good one (tho I'm quite deceived that the rendering cannot be speeded up).
Thanks for the answer theeth.

theeth

Postby theeth » Sat Jan 31, 2004 11:36 pm

The time between two shots can be controlled through the Bf parameter (under the MBlur toggle). It determines the total time in frame between the first and last shot of the blur sequence. For example, a Bf value of 1 with 5 shots would mean a time difference of 0.2 frames between each shots.

Martin
Life is what happens to you when you're busy making other plans.

- John Lennon

settra

Postby settra » Sun Feb 01, 2004 1:43 am

:lol: just learned how it did work in fact :lol:
Ok I understand now. To reuse the frames calculated would require the ratio [shots / bf] to be an integer right ? Well, with this new light it appears the optimisation cannot operate. too bad :cry:

Well, thanx again Theeth

Return to “Rendering”