Yafray render crashes with UV maps?

Blender's renderer and external renderer export

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

Yafray render crashes with UV maps?

Postby Merlot » Thu Feb 05, 2004 9:28 am

I'm using Win2k and when I try to render any scene with the yafray renderer where an object contains uv mapping, it crashes blender. If I use the internal renderer it is fine. Am I doing something wrong?

This is a bit of a pain because virtually everything I do has uv mapping...

Postby alltaken » Thu Feb 05, 2004 10:40 am

try reloading the latest yafray install.

there was a bug in the early download of yafray and this caused it to fail for everyone (only when textures were used)

however yafray doesn't suport the texface option, it will suport UV mapping as a normal image however (through the use of a texture)

so download new yafray, and check that you are uv mapping via a texture and not the texface button.

hope this helps, i had the same issues

Postby Merlot » Fri Feb 06, 2004 7:44 am

Okay! Thanks for the help - at least it doesn't crash anymore, but I still have two probs:

1: This means I now have to re-assign every object a new material, each with an individual image applied...? Is there an easy way of doing this? Some of my scenes/models have lots of different uv images mapped onto objects that have the same material.

(Couldn't the blender export to yafray just convert each texface to an equivalent material texture reference, thus supporting the texface option?)

2: It renders now, but everything with a uv texturemap is just black. Other objects in the same view without uv images render okay. I'm using the yafray that is linked on the main page with the 2.32 download.

Thanks for your help, I'm still pretty new at this, but the yafray renders I have played with are so cool, I want to get it to work well!

Postby jeotero » Fri Feb 06, 2004 10:29 am

you need to download yafray from the front page again, there is a new version with some of these problems fixed ...

Return to “Rendering”