Previous Thread  Next Thread

chat icon Sponsor news: Nokia & XS4all

dreamerv3

Posted: Tue Oct 29, 2002 9:15 pm
Maybe Nokia will use the game engine for some 3D screensavers on thier phones...

As long as they give as well as take in GPL all is good.

leinad13

Posted: Tue Oct 29, 2002 10:55 pm
Wot would be wrong with Microsoft sponsoring Blender, after all i bet the majority of Blender home users use Windows, as well as maybe having Linux.
I agree sort of that Microsoft has made a name for itself by taking advantage of certain companies and throwing its wallet around when they get in trouble.

But im sure if Microsoft did sponsor Blender, they could contribute tremendously and maybe give a few tips of how to use XP technology.

I used to slag Microsoft off alot untill i got XP and realised they did give a **it about making good operating systems not just money.

Give them a break guys after all they are one of the biggest software companies in the world, back during the 3.1 era no one was complaining. (They revolutionised computing)

/End Pro Microsoft Rant

L!13

dreamerv3

Posted: Wed Oct 30, 2002 5:05 pm
Hmm, thats strange I remembe typing a mutlipage rebuttal to you pro-Micro$oft post but apprently I was distracted and didn't post it.

Most reasonable people don't harbor a general dislike for M$ we flat out want to NOT use thier products, and until now there was no recourse (Spare me the Mac speeches, OSX has just now presented a plausible argument for switching over thanks to unix again. That and cheaper prices from Apple!) so just as long as M$ keeps thier greddy hands off interfering with OSS, which they can't do by any legal means, then I'm happy.

Have you heard about the new "Paladium" platform M$'s answer to Linux and OSS, building security "features" into hardware to prevent "unauthorized" programs from being run....

Hmm I could See Linux being listed as an unauthorized program...

Its world war two all over again only this time its for computers.

dreamerv3

Posted: Wed Oct 30, 2002 5:06 pm
Hmm, thats strange I remember typing a mutlipage rebuttal to your pro-Micro$oft post but apprently I was distracted and didn't post it.

Most reasonable people don't harbor a general dislike for M$ we flat out want to NOT use thier products, and until now there was no recourse (Spare me the Mac speeches, OSX has just now presented a plausible argument for switching over thanks to unix again. That and cheaper prices from Apple!) so just as long as M$ keeps thier greddy hands off interfering with OSS, which they can't do by any legal means, then I'm happy.

Have you heard about the new "Paladium" platform M$'s answer to Linux and OSS, building security "features" into hardware to prevent "unauthorized" programs from being run....

Hmm I could See Linux being listed as an unauthorized program...

Its world war two all over again only this time its for computers.

dreamerv3

Posted: Wed Oct 30, 2002 5:28 pm
The forum must be acting up, since it gave me error messages about not being able to complete the post, hence the double post.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Jump to: