Apps for Game Enigne ?

Game Engine, Players & Web Plug-in, Virtual Reality, support for other engines

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

wes1

Apps for Game Enigne ?

Postby wes1 » Fri Oct 25, 2002 9:24 pm

He,

I whose just thinking do you also think that for game engine we only need applications, I mean for every differnte gerne (like rpg, third person, race game etc) you need differnt technieqs like a terrain engine or particle effect, water effect) etc. In stead of just only improving the game engine ?

theblenderfreak,

Saluk

Dont quite understand

Postby Saluk » Sat Oct 26, 2002 12:15 am

I don't quite understand you. Adding more features to the game engine is definately important, but pre-programming features that are locked in to a specific genre is not the right way to go. These sorts of things might be good as plugins, templates, or python scripts, but I don't want application-specific code to pollute the core blender engine which is wonderful in it's versatility.

Although the things you mentioned could be useful for any sort of game. Bring on the features!

But before new features are added, I think it would be best to focus on getting physics reimplemented and working on fixing the old bugs and speed problems.

snowy_duck

Postby snowy_duck » Fri Nov 01, 2002 6:00 pm

i think we should really work on just making the game engine better overall i mean theres so many people some would be deprived. :cry:

Return to “Interactive 3d”