bf-blender / Windows (2004/04/21)

User-contributed CVS development builds. Please test and give feedback!

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

jesterKing
Site Admin

Re: bf-blender / Windows (2004/04/21)

Postby jesterKing » Wed Apr 21, 2004 8:00 am

gabio wrote:Congrats. for the optimize... what it is?

http://www.blender3d.org/cms/Getting_Co ... 154.0.html

kencanvey

Postby kencanvey » Wed Apr 21, 2004 9:22 am

Thanks for the build Jesterking :D 8) .

As for compressed files, try using 7-zip to open them:
http://www.7-zip.org/

I have been using this for about a month and have not come accros anything it can't open and its free :D

Ken

jesterKing
Site Admin

Postby jesterKing » Wed Apr 21, 2004 11:30 am

I used to zip the packages with powerarchiver, but then I noticed it created cluttered .zips. So I decided to create them with cygwin tar. Also powerarchiver opens them nicely.

/jesterKing

GFA-MAD

Postby GFA-MAD » Wed Apr 21, 2004 6:12 pm

Thanks JesterKing for this build ! :D

Saluk, I haven't notice any change in the GameEngine. And I pass through the floor more time than in the previous build. :( . That's strange... :shock:

And thanks for your work all coders :P

GFA-MAD

jo

Postby jo » Wed Apr 21, 2004 6:30 pm

http://www.filzip.com/ for the windows people that want to open .tar.gz files. it is freeware!

TorQ

Postby TorQ » Wed Apr 21, 2004 8:15 pm

kencanvey wrote:Thanks for the build Jesterking :D 8) .

As for compressed files, try using 7-zip to open them:
http://www.7-zip.org/

I have been using this for about a month and have not come accros anything it can't open and its free :D

Ken

Yes! 7-zip is great. Have been using it for some time. Very good program as well as opensource.

TorQ

yamyam

Postby yamyam » Wed Apr 21, 2004 9:08 pm

Thank you jesterKing and the developers!!

I don't know it's a same problem Saluk said, When a lot of objects made by the AddObject Actuator are in a scene, the first play is fine, but stop the game and replay it, the gameEngine often works not correctly.
It looks like that some invisible and collision objects are in there...
This problem is not seen in 4/16 bf-build(by Gabio) AFAIK.

here is sample of blend file.(852KB)

Saluk

Postby Saluk » Thu Apr 22, 2004 5:59 pm

The stop/replay bug has been in all the builds I have seen, but it appears to have differing amounts of occurances/stability depending on your system.

The add object actuator bug is something different, and I'm pretty sure it has something to do with parented objects. What happens, if that the game engine slows down a lot if you add a lot of dynamic objects with parents. I'll upload a test scene when I get home, but in one layer there are a bunch of empties with various meshes parented to them, and in another layer there are the same # of empties, but each one adds one of the objects from the other scene. Both layers when run by themself should have about the same framerate, the one which adds the objects a little slower due to the logic bricks. But what I'm seeing is 55 fps for the layer with real objects, and 20 fps on the layer with added objects.

In real games, this problem is exponentially worse.

I'll try to narrow it down some more and upload a test blend when I get home.

yamyam

Postby yamyam » Fri Apr 23, 2004 6:48 am

Saluk wrote:The stop/replay bug has been in all the builds I have seen, but it appears to have differing amounts of occurances/stability depending on your system.

You're right...I tested it more time after the previous post, I've seen that this problem happen in 4/16 build too. :(

Saluk wrote:But what I'm seeing is 55 fps for the layer with real objects, and 20 fps on the layer with added objects.

:shock:
I didn't mentioned the performance of speed in this thread, but interesting.

I thought that it's caused by tracing many objects to search the links to child object when parent object is added or deleted. Perhaps (Sorry I've not read gameengine source codes)a parent object is linked from child objects, but child objects aren't linked from the parent one.
But I've already mentioned at other thread, I think it's not only parented object problem, also not parented object...

BTW, I think you still understood below, but I want to explain why I use empties for putting objects.

1) Linked Dupliced doesn't make a block of logicbricks shared. If some logicbrick of the original object were changed after putting copies of it, You'll need to duplicate all of them again.

2) I want to add objects dynamically.

3) It makes the working simple and speedy.

I can't expect this problem will be solved or become to a limitation of the gameengine, but I hope someone(or I) will solve it...

harkyman

Postby harkyman » Fri Apr 23, 2004 11:28 pm

Actions/Armature problem I just noticed with the lastest checkout. Tried it in official 2.32, and it worked fine.

In the Action Builder window, if you do not have an Action associated with the selected armature, or if you hit the X to unlink the current Action, the Action chooser dissappears entirely. You have to set a pose key to get it to reappear.

Return to “Testing Builds”