Web interface translation

Feedback to the Blender Foundation and the moderators of this website

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

Bandoler

Web interface translation

Postby Bandoler » Mon Oct 14, 2002 3:28 pm

Hello,
...and first of all i want to add my congratulations to all the people who have made this possible.
Now let's get down to work. My question is about translating the web page. I've noticed a language selector at the bottom of the left-part of the page, so i guess the multiple-language structure is already here. Who should i contact to add a new language to it?.
While waiting for the development to start, translation is something i would like to do.

Bandoler!

xype

Postby xype » Wed Oct 16, 2002 12:32 am

I wonder whether it would make a lot of sense to have the development site in more languages - since all the development needs to be enligsh for everyone to understand, making parts of the site for example german would sooner or later make people form a "german group" which might ending up in german code comments and code discussions. And this wouldn't be nice for people who don't know german.

But maybe for the product site, that is a great idea!

Bandoler

Postby Bandoler » Wed Oct 16, 2002 11:28 am

xype wrote:I wonder whether it would make a lot of sense to have the development site in more languages.

It's completely true that all code comments must be in the same language (english here), but on the web-page, even if it's the developer site, it's no harm to have it in multiple languages (Sourceforge, allows this, for example). Don't see this a chance to language distcrimation, but as a change to diversification. Anyway, i've seen the language selector has gone away, so it's not something to discuss further.

xype wrote:But maybe for the product site, that is a great idea!

I agree, and i volunteer to translate this one too.

Waiting for instructions, and more feedback...

Bandoler!

Return to “Foundation and Websites”