VERY simple feature request

Animation tools, character animation, non linear animation

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

blazer003

VERY simple feature request

Postby blazer003 » Fri Jul 16, 2004 7:49 pm

Could there be a shortcut key to turn off/on auto keyframing when you manipulate an object? Is there one now I don't know about?

matt_e

Postby matt_e » Sat Jul 17, 2004 2:49 am

Not at the moment, but it's in the works.

ZanQdo

Postby ZanQdo » Sat Jul 17, 2004 9:33 pm

How about a small button next to the “loc”, “rot”, “size”, etc options in the insert menu inside pose mode that set a key of the selected attribute on ALL the bones of the armature without having to select all the bones or any bone. Sorry for my English, I’m making an example in the gimp :D

z3r0_d

Postby z3r0_d » Sat Jul 17, 2004 9:57 pm

ZanQdo wrote:How about a small button next to the “loc”, “rot”, “size”, etc options in the insert menu inside pose mode that set a key of the selected attribute on ALL the bones of the armature without having to select all the bones or any bone. Sorry for my English, I’m making an example in the gimp :D

iirc the technique for that works this way

on the first frame insert the keys of each bone that you want to have for every bone [so, locrot for hands, loc for track to targets, rot for some bones [like the spine...]

then, you do not insert keyframes on those anymore [though you could], you instead insert keys on AVAIL, which is short for AVAIALABLE

what it does is insert keyframes on existing channels only, you can select your whole rig and if you have done what i said before just hit I, and choose avail

ZanQdo

Postby ZanQdo » Mon Jul 19, 2004 11:09 pm

Thanks, that’s just right :D

Return to “Animation”