REQ: update/modification of ACTION constraint

Animation tools, character animation, non linear animation

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

solmax

REQ: update/modification of ACTION constraint

Postby solmax » Tue Aug 24, 2004 12:13 pm

after completing my "sliders" tutorial (http://www.elysiun.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=28862&highlight=slider
i had an idea how this could be implemented directly in blender without such ugly hacks.

similar to RVK sliders, sliders for controlling each action could be incorporated. they would be seen in the action editor exactly the same way as RVK-sliders, only that they control armature actions.

i may be wrong, but here's what i think:

- some slider code is already there
- the action constraint does exactly the same thing, except that it is much more painful to set-up (because it's has to be done bone by bone)
- a replacement/combination should be within reach without big code modification.

the advantage of such a system would be huge, expecially for character animation. as i stated in my tutorial, facial or hand expressions AND the animation of them would become a piece of cake.

please, tell me what you think, especially from the coder's point of veiw.

marin

Monkeyboi

Postby Monkeyboi » Tue Aug 24, 2004 3:40 pm

Good idea, love you hack BTW!

One thing I am really missing in Blender is a way to combine RVKs with bone movement in ONE SLIDER. This sould be very useful for jaw movement for example - rotate the jaw bone and the RVK acts with it.

solmax

Postby solmax » Tue Aug 24, 2004 4:01 pm

Monkeyboi wrote:Good idea, love you hack BTW!

One thing I am really missing in Blender is a way to combine RVKs with bone movement in ONE SLIDER. This sould be very useful for jaw movement for example - rotate the jaw bone and the RVK acts with it.

channel linking/driven keys is the magic called

Return to “Animation”