TimeOffset sometimes ignored?

Animation tools, character animation, non linear animation

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

sausage

TimeOffset sometimes ignored?

Postby sausage » Wed Oct 13, 2004 5:33 am

After returning to blender after a few weeks off, I discovered a strange behaviour last night:

If I create a cube on the screen and create a couple of keyframes (using dLocX rather than LocX) so that an LPO is created, I can make a duplicate of the object with Ctrl-D and then alter the TimeOffset so that the second object takes off a moment after the first object.

This is standard behaviour, but last night I wanted to create this effect with an object from a previous .blend file. I did the standard Shift-F1 and navigated to find my object and placed in into blender and set up a simple LPO affecting dLocX and dLocY. Animation works. If I duplicate the object with Ctrl-D and change the TimeOffset, the setting is ignored and the two objects travel together.

I can then create a totally unique object like a sphere and give it the same LPO and and some TimeOffset and it will delay like it should, but the two objects imported from another project will only travel together.

Can someone please advise if there is some attribute about these objects which I need to clear, or why this would be happening?

Any advice would be appreciated.

sausage

Postby sausage » Wed Oct 20, 2004 5:31 am

I'll answer my own question here for the sanity of others with the same problem. I ended up importing the mesh instead of the object. All is fine.

Perhaps as an object there's too much baggage brought in from the past. :)

Return to “Animation”