No sound

Game Engine, Players & Web Plug-in, Virtual Reality, support for other engines

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

Oli

No sound

Postby Oli » Sun Nov 17, 2002 4:09 pm

Is there any possibility to play sound with a Unix version of Blender (especially Linux, but this is for IRIX, too)? For Linux I've installed FMOD and OpenAL, but Blender doesn't play anything. For IRIX, I don't know how I should start with solving the problem, because I couldn't find these libraries for IRIX.

Thanx in advance,
Oli

Oli

Postby Oli » Tue Nov 26, 2002 4:08 pm

O.k., I got one step further: It's possible to play looped sounds :-) But I couldn't find a way to play normal sounds :-( May be this is a bug in Blender 2.25? Is there a way to get BlenderPublisher 2.24 or 2.23 for testing?
And now I know, that there isn't any sound for IRIX except with a hack...
But - has anybody ideas for the Linux problem?

Thanx,
Oli

IngieBee

Postby IngieBee » Tue Nov 26, 2002 9:38 pm

There are two download sites, I think still working, that you can get to off of the http://www.elysiun.com site, look up links, it should be there.

They have Blender 2.23 there, and yes, I think it's a good idea to keep both around. If I'm having an annoying problem, I can usually just work around it by swapping out versions. Like, I want to use a jpg for texture because I'm doing something with it in another program. Usually, I'd need to make a tga of it, but now I just use 2.25, or if I'm using a py script that doesn't like 2.25, I use 2.23. Etc.... It's a good work around until they make somthing "perfect".

good luck, Ingie

Return to “Interactive 3d”