Feature Request: Realtime IPO editing

Animation tools, character animation, non linear animation

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

coby

Feature Request: Realtime IPO editing

Postby coby » Tue Apr 05, 2005 6:43 am

The other day I tried tweaking an animation of mine while the animation playback was running... thinking of how cool it would be if I could adjust the IPOs and watch as the animation preview changed to the dynamic scene I was imagining. Didn't happen. :cry: What exactly am I requesting?

No more of this stopping the animation playback to painstakingly tweak IPOs and then playing back the animation for the 10th, 20th, and 50th time only to find you need to stop and do more adjusting.

If we could see the animation playback dynamically update in realtime our tweaking and moving of the IPOs and even NLAs, speed and efficiency in worflow would be on our side by a landslide.

Cleaner animations, all in less time. Woo Hoo!!! :shock: :P :D
What do you guys think?

levon

Postby levon » Tue Apr 05, 2005 7:26 am

there is a function you might be able to use for that. select 2 ipos in the ipo window, in the right column with there names in it. then press R over the ipo window. it will pop up with a window asking Still, or Play animation. in still mode you have to hold down ctrl to play the animation and moving the mouse will effect the ipo value. in animation mode it will play the animaton when ctrl isnt held down and you press ctrl when you want to record.

hope that helps.

joeri

Postby joeri » Tue Apr 05, 2005 10:39 am

levon wrote:there is a function you might be able to use for that. select 2 ipos in the ipo window, in the right column with there names in it. then press R over the ipo window. it will pop up with a window asking Still, or Play animation. in still mode you have to hold down ctrl to play the animation and moving the mouse will effect the ipo value. in animation mode it will play the animaton when ctrl isnt held down and you press ctrl when you want to record.

hope that helps.

Nice but not the same.
The request is to keep the Gui active, also in animation playback mode.
Install Maya PLE to see how effective that is.

coby

Postby coby » Wed Apr 06, 2005 12:26 am

Hmmm. Record mouse is an interesting and useful feature, but it is a bit difficult to work with since it records at only one framerate.
It isn't exactly what I'm looking for.

:idea: However, I wonder what would happen if you could record the camera's flymode feature. :shock: Heh. Ok, I don't mean to get off topic here.

The feature I desire most is realtime IPO editing. I saw such a thing being used in a software called Animation Master. It blew me away when I saw it. :shock: :) Such speed and flexability unsurpassed... I WANT IT! Do you?

Return to “Animation”