Previous Thread  Next Thread

chat icon Whats with -lGLU and makesdna??

VelikM

Posted: Tue Dec 24, 2002 6:05 am
MakesDna is the only place that -lGLU appears that it's not found.

gcc -g -O2 -o makesdna makesdna-makesdna.o ../../../../intern/guardedalloc/.libs/libblender_guardedalloc.al -lGLU -lGL -lm -ljpeg -lpng -lcrypto -lssl -lpthread -ldl -lstdc++ -lz
ld: can't locate file for: -lGLU
*** Error code 1

./configure is finding it: checking for gluGetString in -lGLU... yes

Any ideas?

kobyl

Posted: Wed Dec 25, 2002 11:34 pm
I suggest a link from /usr/lib/libGLU.so to where your libGLU.so is (probably /usr/X11R6/lib/libGLU.so).

VelikM

Posted: Thu Dec 26, 2002 6:36 am
kobyl wrote:
I suggest a link from /usr/lib/libGLU.so to where your libGLU.so is (probably /usr/X11R6/lib/libGLU.so).

I'm running OS X, and I do have X11 installed and libGLU.a is installed there. I ln -s libGLU.a to /usr/lib already so ./configure could find it (checking for gluGetString in -lGLU... yes) all the other places -lGLU is needed it's found with no errors or warnings, just in makesdna is there a problem. Is there something about makesdna the requires libGLU.so that libGLU.a won't fill the need for? Since libGLU.a seems to fill the rest of the requirements.

sgefant

Posted: Thu Dec 26, 2002 11:59 am
Actually, makesdna doesn't need "-lGLU -lGL -lm -ljpeg -lpng -lcrypto -lssl -lpthread -ldl -lstdc++ -lz". Somehow autoconf put those there....
Could you edit $builddir/source/blender/makesdna/intern/Makefile and remove any references to them and see if it compiles?

sgefant

VelikM

Posted: Thu Dec 26, 2002 11:49 pm
I commented this line out in makesdna/intern/Makefile:
# LIBS = -lGLU -lGL -lm -ljpeg -lpng -lcrypto -lssl -lpthread -ldl -lstdc++ -lz

Now the error occures here after makesdna is built:
gcc -g -O2 -o makesdna makesdna-makesdna.o ../../../../intern/guardedalloc/.libs/libblender_guardedalloc.al -lGLU -lGL -lm -ljpeg -lpng -lcrypto -lssl -lpthread -ldl -lstdc++ -lz
ld: can't locate file for: -lGLU

This is an improvement, at least makesdna is building. Smile

EDIT:
I use the tcsh shell, I've added the full paths to .tcshrc, .cshrc, .shrc and /sw/bin/init.csh, and init.sh so there should be know problems finding anything. Cool

Jump to: