OT: Algorithmn for kinematic tool

Animation tools, character animation, non linear animation

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

doublepanic

OT: Algorithmn for kinematic tool

Postby doublepanic » Thu May 19, 2005 2:56 pm

Hi,
I know, this is not really blender related, but I hope, that here are some experts to help me.
I have to write program (C++) to determine the motion of a 2d-gearing mechanism. I have three or more beams, that are llinked by rotational joint. The end points of the outer beams are fixed for translations but free for rotations. If I rotate one of the end beams I will get a new position of the hole mechanism. But how do I tell my program to determine it. What I have done so far is to get a theoretical solution for a special mechanismn, by analysing the angular relationships of the beams. But I think, the must be a more general approach. I just want to get the outline of the algorithmn. Maybe one of the Blender-IK-guys here can give me a hint or some places to learn more about it.

Thanks in advance,
Carsten

stiv

Postby stiv » Thu May 19, 2005 5:05 pm

This sounds suspiciously like a school homework problem.

doublepanic

Postby doublepanic » Thu May 19, 2005 6:12 pm

No, not really. I'm working in FE-analysis in the automotive industry. For crash analysis the seat has to be positioned in different positions. Doing this by hand takes several days. With the right program it's done in a few minutes. At the moment I am setting up a different program, that has to be modified for a different seat. But I would like to have a more general program.

Return to “Animation”