delete actions?

Animation tools, character animation, non linear animation

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

M_i_c_h_e_l

delete actions?

Postby M_i_c_h_e_l » Fri Jul 08, 2005 2:34 pm

Maybe i'm too stupid - but is there actually a way to delete actions permanently :?:
If you have an armature and insert some keyframes in posemode, a new action is created automatically. You can then modify the individual action channels in the action window (or the ipos in the ipo window). This way you can also delete all action channels associated with the action. But what about the action block itself? In the action window there's this dropdown-list. But all actions i've created are automatically marked with an 'F' - so even if the datablock is empty and has no users anymore it's stored nevertheless. I haven't found a way to really get rid of actions if i don't need them anymore.
I know there's a rebuild of the animation system going on right now.
So - if there's no way to delete actions permanently, i'd like to propose enabling to mark or unmark unused action-blocks with 'F' by the user. Then one can simply unmark an action (disable 'F'), save and reload (just as with unused materials)
Comments?
Michael

reimpell

Re: delete actions?

Postby reimpell » Fri Jul 08, 2005 3:28 pm

M_i_c_h_e_l wrote:Maybe i'm too stupid - but is there actually a way to delete actions permanently :?:
Open the DataBlock browser (Shift+F4), select the action with the RMB and press the FKey to remove the fake user. Now you can delete the action in the Action Editor. Afterwards, save and reload your blend file to remove the action permanently.

M_i_c_h_e_l

Postby M_i_c_h_e_l » Fri Jul 08, 2005 5:00 pm

Wow - thanks!

Didn't know about this Shift-F4-thing. :shock: Cool - i'm learning something new about blender every day...

Nevertheless - a 'F' button in the action editor would be nice to switch 'F'-ing on and off from there.

Michael

Return to “Animation”