Feature request: lypsinc

Animation tools, character animation, non linear animation

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

Smb

Feature request: lypsinc

Postby Smb » Mon Sep 12, 2005 9:57 am

Hi to everyone, especially our coders... 8)
I think that the feature I ask for would be a great addition to the current animation system. I know about maggpie, I've tried to use it but it was a bit clumsy for me, and the version provided for downloading is soooo old, I mean, you, coders, could get some nice up to date stuff to all of us :D
Please, replay to get some more opinions here...

Smb

Postby Smb » Mon Sep 12, 2005 10:27 am

Oh, if you still don' t really understand what excactly I want then you should take a look at this. BTW hope you like french ;)
http://www.3d-station.com/pages/tutoria ... =60&page=1

I'm talking about this morph option, a you can see from the tutorial...

dcuny

Postby dcuny » Mon Sep 12, 2005 7:24 pm

I've written a free Java-based lipsync program called JLipSync you might want to look at.

I think a much nicer approach is Lost Marble's free Papagayo (Win32 and Mac only) program. This sort of thing would work quite nicely into Blender's timeframe-based approach if someone felt the urge to code it. Animation:Master has something very similar - check out the Exercise 7: "Can You Say That? video in their video tutorial page.

I'm working on something similar to Papagayo (also written in Java) that should be ready for beta Real Soon Now. (The main thing that's holding it up is coming up with a good name for it, so I can post it to SourceForge. :?)

Smb

Postby Smb » Tue Sep 13, 2005 2:05 pm

Hey, just saw your page with the pro. Well, I'm glad to see that there might be some alternatives for us, users. Keep up the good work and give us a note when it's released... :D

Smb

Postby Smb » Tue Sep 13, 2005 2:07 pm

Ooops, just saw that's already downloadble.... :P

dcuny

Postby dcuny » Fri Sep 16, 2005 12:07 am

Here's the link to Yolo, which is my latest program. (Credit where due: Yolo is a clone of Papagayo, while JLipSync is a clone of Magpie).

Since this is a developer's forum and not an advertisment for my (free and open source) programs, I should try to make this thread relevent... :P

In case people are wondering about the interface:

It maintains the sentance/word/phoneme hierarchy, so when you move/resize a band, the bands underneath it also move/resize.

In addition to being able to see the wave, you also get audible feedback as you move/resize bands, and double-clicking a band plays the portion of the wave the lies underneath it. Very irritating for people who are nearby, but very fast for setting up lipsync.

Animation:Master has a very similar system - look at the demo video Exercise 7: "Can You Say That?".

It would be nice if Blender had something like it. (See? It's on topic! ;))

There are already a couple Magpie import scripts. Since both JLipSync and Yolo export that format, the scripts should be able to work with them. If not, I can try to make the exports compatible.

aligorith

Postby aligorith » Sat Sep 17, 2005 5:06 am

(off-topic)

Hi dcuny,

Well done on your good work with JLipSync. It is very much like Magpie. However, for it to be better than Magpie, it would need a stop or pause button to stop audio previews.

Aligorith

dcuny

Postby dcuny » Sat Sep 17, 2005 7:58 pm

Urm... JLipSync and Yolo both have Stop buttons...

There's a bit of delay before the sound actually stops, but that's due to how often the sound thread is awakened, and the size of the playback buffer. Getting it to work well using Java for multiple operating systems is a bit of a challange. :?

If you've got questions about either of these, you can email me. I've got my address on both sites. (I'd post it here, but I've already given spambots enough love).

Return to “Animation”