Topix Clothing simulator

Scripting in Blender with Python, and working on the API

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

Topix Clothing simulator

Postby Nysomin » Sun Feb 16, 2003 5:57 am

Hey, I'm having a bit of a problem with Topix Cloth, anyway, it can't find Python15.dll

I've got blender 2.2x(5 and 6), and Python 2.2.2

I'm not sure where to start to fix this problem, should I install an older version of Python? Or am I missing somthing?

And the bigger question, is Topix worth it. Right now I'm working on a knight, and I would like a cloth simulator for the chainmail and cloak when I animate it. I wish I could upload a picture of it now, but I've got a 28.8 connection(which sucks). Anyway, if any of you get a chance, get teh Warcraft 3 cinematic DVD, it has commentaries that are very cool. The people at Blizzard are insane, and I hope to join them someday.

Postby Jamesk » Sun Feb 16, 2003 10:10 am

I'm only 99% sure about this, but I seem to recall tha Topix only does spherical deformation - what would happen to cloth pulled over a basketball basically. That could mean that, in your case with a knight and stuff, it's not worth the trouble.

Postby theeth » Tue Feb 18, 2003 5:25 am

I'll confirm what Jamesk said, the Topix cloth script only does spherical deformation, and it has not been optimized, so if you use versions where there's still a memory leak in the Mesh API (like 2.23), the script sucks RAM faster than Enron sucked money.

Life is what happens to you when you're busy making other plans.
- John Lennon

Return to “Python”