Previous Thread  Next Thread

chat icon BMP and JPG

Recall

Posted: Sun Feb 23, 2003 1:17 pm
I'm not really a new bee.. I just don't know that much of Blender...
So I came up with my next problem; BMP files..
I discovered a Hugh source of BMP textures, they are really realistic, but Blender only supports JPG format.. and there are about 1179 BMP files so I want them to fit in Blender real bad!

Pleaz Help, Pleaz come up with something...

THnX

aequitas

Posted: Sun Feb 23, 2003 5:17 pm
If your a windows user irfanview would be the awnser. This program can batch convert files from bmp to jpg.

If your linux user try gimp. Don't know any other batch conversion program for linux yet.

Could u please tell us where you found those texture files. Cause i am looking to expand my collection.

Recall

Posted: Sun Feb 23, 2003 9:02 pm
Yeah but I think you would be disappointed... On the Install CD of a game: Prince of Percia 3D

I don't think you have it but maybe I can zip the files and put them on the internet or mail them to you... If you are interested, mail me at:
[url=mailto:birrekkie@hotmail.com]birrekkie@hotmail.com[/url]

Wink Idea Exclamation Arrow

aequitas

Posted: Sun Feb 23, 2003 9:31 pm
There is a lan at my place tomorow. I think someone will have the iso for that game.

Mailing would not be easy i think. Because my mailbox can't fit large files.

Thanks for the advice anyway.

Recall

Posted: Sun Feb 23, 2003 9:32 pm
OK. but if nobody has the game... I'll just put it on the internet so you can download it! Laughing

easy my friend....

Exclamation Idea Arrow

matt_e

Posted: Mon Feb 24, 2003 1:58 am
That would be illegal (copyright infringement) and I'd suggest not to talk about such things here..
Recall wrote:
OK. but if nobody has the game... I'll just put it on the internet so you can download it! Laughing

Recall

Posted: Mon Feb 24, 2003 11:11 am
There is no such thing as copyrights on textures... that is just not possible but if there were copyrights on the textures you can't use them at all! so if somebody at that LAN party has the game it would be Illegal to transfer them to your computer cause you can only make copy's for your own use and that CD isn't yours so you can't copy the files...

But if you don't want them.. that's allright.. thnx for your idea to use irfanview!!!

matt_e

Posted: Mon Feb 24, 2003 11:17 am
Recall wrote:
There is no such thing as copyrights on textures... that is just not possible but if there were copyrights on the textures you can't use them at all!

What? There are copyrights on textures just as there are copyrights on any other artwork. When you buy the game, the copyright holder (the publisher) sells you a copy of that artwork. The distribution rights remain with the publisher.

Quote:
so if somebody at that LAN party has the game it would be Illegal to transfer them to your computer cause you can only make copy's for your own use and that CD isn't yours so you can't copy the files...

That's correct. Were you under the impression it was legal to leech warez at LAN parties?

Recall

Posted: Mon Feb 24, 2003 11:21 am
No but I was a little confused I guess cuase I know that there are copyrights on everything in a game (also on the CD) but I don't think the company who developed it would charge you for using his textures... besides he can't proof that the textures are his.. there is no mark on it!

anyway maybe it is a bad idea to put those files on the internet.. and maybe not.. well they aren't that great anyway!

wavk

Posted: Wed Mar 05, 2003 8:43 am
If you make something, you've got copyright of it. And if you put that stuff online I hope they'll sue you. Unless you use it for something as innocent as a game you only show to your friends. And by the way, why would you use these textures while there are enough free textures around?

Jump to: