Rendering Quality

Blender's renderer and external renderer export

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

Rendering Quality

Postby eighthrock » Fri Oct 18, 2002 1:20 am

Look I've been a casual user of Blender for years, now a problem. Rendering quality is terrible, my renders look like the anti-aliasing is totally missing, I have rendered a plane and colored it blue, OSA is enabled and a factor of 16 is enabled, I do not have this problem in Bryce or Poser . Can someone give me a suggestion on just how to fix this? Greately appreciated.

Please see the render at the link below

Postby MrMunkily » Fri Oct 18, 2002 10:07 pm

is this running on Mac OS X?
if so, download blender publisher from the downloads area.

Rendering Quality

Postby eighthrock » Sat Oct 19, 2002 1:06 pm

I guess I have looked at the original problem long enough and will awaite a new release which is win98 compatible, I have another problem in the dos window, please click on the link to see the ghost error that constantly appears every time I render an image.
Thanks ... nders.html
Last edited by eighthrock on Fri Oct 25, 2002 11:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

render buttons

Postby postman » Tue Oct 22, 2002 12:54 am

In the Render Buttons screen, there are 3 buttons: Sky, Premul, and 1 other one I can't remember. One of those will give you jaggy results because of alpha rendering (can't exactly remember why). Try changing that setting and see if anything changes.

Re: render buttons

Postby eighthrock » Sun Nov 24, 2002 3:19 am

Changed the way infranview reads different image files, since this is my default image viewer, the result is satisfactory, thanks for the help :wink:

Postby manpine » Wed Feb 05, 2003 1:57 pm

Yes I do hope we can improve further the quality of rendering of Blender. Products such as Renderman and Brazil made by Splutterfish can be our inspiration to achieve their rendering qualities.

With lots of good programmers worldwide united to make Blender. Soon enough Blender shall be at par with the indurstry leaders.
Last edited by manpine on Wed Feb 05, 2003 2:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Re: render buttons

Postby LukeW » Wed Mar 05, 2003 11:03 am

BTW, you can get even more smoothing from things by turning on MBLUR as well as OSA. MBLUR has some built in jiggling (which is cool). MBLUR even smooths "Key" (straight rgba) type images - which OSA doesn't. (Well it doesn't smooth the edges - but it isn't supposed to - see this post)

Postby Jamesk » Wed Mar 05, 2003 2:29 pm

The Ghost error is just a debug message - totally unimportant and doesn't mean that anything is wrong. At least that's what I've been told.

Return to “Rendering”