Previous Thread  Next Thread

chat icon Importing .jpeg photos into Blender

West_End

Posted: Fri Mar 07, 2003 7:05 am
Hello, I'm a newbie in Blender and am seeking for advice in 1 particular area.
I have created a interior scene looking like an art gallery with frames on the wall, and I would like to insert some .jpeg format photos into each frame. Each photo is 1600x1200 pixels size.
I've been trying to insert by using the "texture" button but it's all warped, and cannot figure a way to do it.
Would much appreciate any help. Thanks !

Devas73

Posted: Fri Mar 07, 2003 8:53 am
That's because you're not using the correct texture coordinates settings,
this site is mainly for developers so head on to www.elysiun.com where there is the user community.
Click on the "tutorials" section and search for a texturing tutorial (I suggest you to try every of them).
Also there's Ingie bee's site, http://www.ingiebee.com/tutorials.htm - don't know if there's anything basic about texturing though.

Jamesk

Posted: Fri Mar 07, 2003 8:57 am
In what way is it warped? I guess that you've put a plane in each frame and that you are trying to use a flat projection. What usually goes wrong is that the plane has proportions that differ from the texture, hence making it stretch in either direction. To avoid this, add your plane, then hit N-KEY to enter its X and Y scale manually. You will want to give it the same width/height ratio as your texture, in your case 1.2 and 1.6 for X/Y dimensions.

And as pointed out by Devas73, Elysiun is the place for questions like this.

West_End

Posted: Fri Mar 07, 2003 12:58 pm
Folks,
Many thanks for your very kind advice ! I will do accordingly.

Jump to: