Previous Thread  Next Thread

chat icon Win32 Dev Environment Setup & a couple of questions

AndyDavis

Posted: Mon Mar 17, 2003 7:42 am
I'll probably get slapped for this, but is there a note that explains the setup of a 'normal' Win32 development environment? I has assumed it would be cygwin, but I see references to VC6. I've looked for my mythical note, but cannot find it. I browsed the Feb digest of the developer's mailing list, and it just may be the case that the project isn't quite at that point.

Is there any documentation regarding architectural, design, and (holding nose) coding standards?

Although I'm a fairly dab hand at C++ and know my way around windows pretty well, I haven't ever worked on an opensource project, and I wasn't quite sure how to fill out the skills in my profile.

I expect to that I will have a few hours to contribute come mid-April, some advice on the best places to come up to speed so that I could be useful on a project would also be appreciated.

Thanks,
-Andy

Mats78

Posted: Mon Mar 17, 2003 8:19 am
I've been using VC++ with the latest service pack. Haven't even bothered trying cygwin since VC seems to work quite nicely atm.

Can't tell you much about the architecture though (haven't had too much time to try figure it out) and haven't heard of such papers anywhere.

Regards,
Mats

Jump to: