Previous Thread  Next Thread

chat icon Add one more to the list of compiling questions

Pablosbrain

Posted: Tue Mar 18, 2003 3:37 am
I've been trying to get blender and tuhopuu blender compiled on my windows XP box. I have Visual Studio .Net and it seems to do ok for the most part. I do get a billion warning messages and the following errors.

one C2535 error

about 15 C1083 fatal errors - unable to include
al.h,
blenkey.h,
jpeglib.h,
ode/config.h,
ode/ode.h,
openssl/rc4.h,opens
openssl/rsa.h
png.h
zlib.h

and 2 LNK1181 fatal errors - cannot open input file
libguardedalloc.a
odelib.lib

Any help would be wonderfull... I'm very new to windows programming... know mostly perl, php and other web scripting languages... I have done a very tiny bit in C/C++ but again... a very tiny bit.

Trying to stretch my mind! Smile

matt_e

Posted: Tue Mar 18, 2003 4:15 am
You may want to have a chat to Daniel Dunbar, who seems to be working on it in MS VC7. Look here for more info:

http://www.blender.org/pipermail/bf-committers/2003-March/thread.html
(message: VC7 build & NODEFAULTLIB)

datura

Posted: Tue Mar 18, 2003 12:31 pm
hi !

i had the same problem.
there might be a better solution, but this worked for me,
but with vc 6.0.

you have to tell vc 6.0, where the files are.

choose tools -> options and then dierectories.
the .a-files are libraries, and the .h-files are include-files.

i had to set each path :
for example F:\BLENDER\BLENDER\INTERN\GUARDEDALLOC for
the guardedalloc.a (library).

i hope, this works for you

Pablosbrain

Posted: Tue Mar 18, 2003 5:43 pm
After looking around for those files it turns out I did not even have them in my CVS download for some reason... so I downloaded an HTTP version of the cvs and tried that but the project files seem to be corrupted for some reason... So I then copied my CVS version over the HTTP version to make a 3rd composite version and it cleared away all by two actual errors...

1. E:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio .NET\Vc7\include\xmemory(87): error C2535: 'std::allocator<_Ty>::pointer std::allocator<_Ty>::address(std::allocator<_Ty>::reference) const' : member function already defined or declared
with
[
_Ty=const std::_Tree<std::_Tmap_traits<const STR_String,CValue *,std::less<const STR_String>,std::allocator<std::pair<const STR_String,CValue *>>,false>>::key_type
]

2. blender fatal error LNK1181: cannot open input file '\CVS\bf-blender-2003-03-18\bf-blender\blender\obj\windows\gameengine\expressions\EXP_expressions.lib'

If anyone has any ideas please let me know.

datura

Posted: Tue Mar 18, 2003 7:36 pm
i don't know if you have done this yet, maybe this helps a bit :

for the sources you have to checkout the blender-module and the
lib-module (you can checkout lib/windows from the cvs). in the lib-module there are all external sources like ode, jpeg, fmod, etc.

then you have to build (before building blender.dsw) the intern.dsw.
you can find this in blender/intern/make/msvc_6_0. i don't know if this work with .net

after a successful build of this project you got a new folder blender/lib/windows, where you can find the guardedalloc.a etc.

you could read this link http://www.cise.ufl.edu/~fishwick/blender/make.txt
, which was posted by hos for more information.

good luck !

Pablosbrain

Posted: Wed Mar 19, 2003 2:40 am
Ok.. Maybe I'm getting closer... I got the "entire" cvs tree this time including the lib folder. I also went through HOS's make.txt file and now I'm getting only these two errors... one fatal.

1. (got this one before) E:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio .NET\Vc7\include\xmemory(87): error C2535: 'std::allocator<_Ty>::pointer std::allocator<_Ty>::address(std::allocator<_Ty>::reference) const' : member function already defined or declared
with
[
_Ty=const std::_Tree<std::_Tmap_traits<const STR_String,CValue *,std::less<const STR_String>,std::allocator<std::pair<const STR_String,CValue *>>,false>>::key_type
]

2. blender fatal error LNK1181: cannot open input file '\CVS\blender\blender\obj\windows\blender\renderui\BRE_renderui.lib'

I checked that folder and the file didn't exist. Is that BRE_renderui.lib supposed to be created after compiling the intern? I don't get any errors compiling the intern... I get Build: 13 succeeded, 0 failed, 0 skipped.

Argh!!! So close... I'm gonna mess with getting the Tuhopuu stuff and try and get that to compile as well... we'll see. Anyone with more insite please help! Thanks to all of you so far for your help.

datura

Posted: Fri Mar 21, 2003 6:31 pm
hi !

sorry my last 2 postings were not really correct,
but i had the same errors like you and they disappeared
after doing what i mentioned in the postings.

today i had the first successful building of blender !
late, but i am happy.

just check out blender and lib/windows and then do exactly
what is described in http://www.cise.ufl.edu/~fishwick/blender/make.txt
don't set the pathes like i mentioned in my earlier postings.

p.s.: during the latest checkout i've seen some msvc_7_0 folders.
maybe these work better for you.

Pablosbrain

Posted: Fri Mar 21, 2003 7:46 pm
Not a problem.. I've been busy since a day ago... I am rebuilding my system as I upgraded my hard drives and need to reinstall everything. I will try and check the latest CVS tree. I have also been noticing the msvc_7_0 folders. Hopefully those project files will work easier for me when they are completed. Thanks to everyone so far for all their help!

Pablosbrain

Posted: Tue Mar 25, 2003 4:42 am
Thought I'd post this so those working on the build system for windows will know what a clean CVS download does for me.... Still no luck compiling... but different fatal errors now...

1. c1 : fatal error C1083: Cannot open source file: '\CVS\testcompile\blender\source\blender\misc\blendertimer.c': No such file or directory

2. LINK : fatal error LNK1181: cannot open input file '\CVS\testcompile\blender\obj\windows\blender\misc\BL_misc.lib'

My CVS just updated today....

Michel

Posted: Tue Mar 25, 2003 9:47 am
Pablosbrain wrote:
Thought I'd post this so those working on the build system for windows will know what a clean CVS download does for me.... Still no luck compiling... but different fatal errors now...

1. c1 : fatal error C1083: Cannot open source file: '\CVS\testcompile\blender\source\blender\misc\blendertimer.c': No such file or directory

2. LINK : fatal error LNK1181: cannot open input file '\CVS\testcompile\blender\obj\windows\blender\misc\BL_misc.lib'

My CVS just updated today....

Hi,

the errors you are receiving now are the result of a cleanup that has been done yesterday. The blender\misc directory has been removed. The only function that was in blendertimer.c, has been moved to a file in blender\source\blender\src (if I remember correct).
Probably not all project files have been updated accordingly; I know that the auto* build is updated, but I'm not sure about vc6 / vc7 / projectbuilder.
If this is not working today, then probably a fix will be committed very soon. Very Happy

With regards,
Michel

Pablosbrain

Posted: Tue Mar 25, 2003 2:30 pm
Ah, Thanks. I just got the Bf-committers digest with emails from the other day... makes much more sense. Sorta cool to be able to see and hear about the changes as they get made.

Jump to: