setMatrix_rm

Scripting in Blender with Python, and working on the API

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

brendan_orr

setMatrix_rm

Postby brendan_orr » Sun Mar 30, 2003 4:26 am

Hello has anybody had this error when exporting to Lightflow? How did you resolve it?

Code: Select all

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "blendlogo2_0001.py", line 21, in ?
    s.transformBegin(transform().setMatrix_rm(  [[0.821025, -0.570740, 0.013178, 0.000000],
AttributeError: setMatrix_rm

I use Linux/Blender 2.26/Python 2.2.2 with successful rendering of Lightflow scenes (w/o the setMatrix_rm transform)

eeshlo

Postby eeshlo » Sun Mar 30, 2003 4:43 am

You're lucky I just happen to see this, otherwise I think it would be surprising you would have got an answer here. Anyway, this has nothing to do with python or blender. You are probably one of the many unlucky victims of the LF scripts many installation problems. You did run install.blend btw?
In any case the script is not designed to be used with anything else but the replacement lightflowPM module which translates it to a Lightflow internal format, python is not used for rendering. This allowed me to customize the LF python interface, and also make use of other python versions, bypassing 1.5, setMatrix_rm is not part of the standard python Lightflow interface. Also, python1.5 should not be installed on your system. The real lightflowPM module should be renamed by the install script, at least in the main LF directory, make sure there is no other copy hiding anywhere else. See the documentation.
So, what should happen when rendering (from blender or otherwise, WHEN installed succesfully) is that the replacement lightflow module is used which translates the output python script to the internal ascii format and then calls LFArender with it, an external program, to render the image.

brendan_orr

Postby brendan_orr » Sun Mar 30, 2003 6:02 am

Thank you for stumbling upon it :)
Hmm, it doesn't want to finish. After "Copying script module modules/Script/lightflowPM.py to /usr/local/Lightflow/lightflowPM.py", it seg. faults.

eeshlo

Postby eeshlo » Sun Mar 30, 2003 5:08 pm

I'm not particularly a Linux expert, but I guess that might be because it doesn't have write permissions or something. This is one of the reasons I wrote in the documentation to choose the 'personal' installation method, that is, install Lightflow in your home directory.
But, in any case, despite all I said in the elysiun forums, no need to go through all that trouble anymore, things are changing fast now, why not try tuhopuu with the builtin renderman export?

brendan_orr

Postby brendan_orr » Sun Mar 30, 2003 6:53 pm

I'm not skilled enough to write my own shaders :) Besides I kinda like the quality of images that lightflow makes more than BMRT, 3Delight, or Aqsis. (I do like the speed of 3Delight though.) Anyway, the tuhopuu blender doesn't compile on my system (more than likely a dependency problem). In either case I'll be working on it. Thanks for you help

eeshlo

Postby eeshlo » Sun Mar 30, 2003 9:07 pm

You don't need to write any shaders, it is all done automatically. I suppose 'export' sounds a bit misleading in that respect, it exports a .rib file, but it also creates and compiles the shaders and renders the result as well, no extra work needed, all with a single keypress, F12 like for normal blender renders, and that's it...
Don't know anything about compiling tuhopuu, but there are some binaries around as well, I think.

Anyway, about that segmentation fault, that is also something that really should not happen, if it could not copy the files it should stop with an error message, not crash.

Return to “Python”