render in game window

Game Engine, Players & Web Plug-in, Virtual Reality, support for other engines

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

bensanders

render in game window

Postby bensanders » Wed Oct 16, 2002 1:35 pm

I have made a little game, but when I play it itis only in wireframe. How do I make it rendered?

rav_bhara

Postby rav_bhara » Wed Oct 16, 2002 2:02 pm

just click on the renderer button, hope this helps

muzzy

Postby muzzy » Wed Oct 16, 2002 2:08 pm

:) If you press ctrl z or alt z it is a short cut for each type of rendering option, ( ie. wire frame, solid, texture, vertex paint)

_florian_

Re: render in game window

Postby _florian_ » Wed Oct 16, 2002 2:13 pm

bensanders wrote:I have made a little game, but when I play it itis only in wireframe. How do I make it rendered?

change the drawtype to shaded (shift-z).

_florian_
GIT d+ s:- a- C++ UL+++ P--- L+ E--- W+ N+ o-- K- w++ O-- M V--
PS+ PE Y+ PGP++ t+++ 5 X+++ R- tv++ b++ DI- D- G e+ h-- r- y++

Bandoler

Postby Bandoler » Wed Oct 16, 2002 3:57 pm

This site is for blender developing not for developing with blender. I think these questions should go eon elysium, right now...

Am i wrong?

Bandoler!

ndnchief

Correct!

Postby ndnchief » Wed Oct 16, 2002 4:18 pm

That post should go on at Elysiun, you will get more of a response too! I don,t think there willl be alot posted on this forum since the game engine is basically at a dead stop. (as NDNChief sighs in disappointment). I see no game engine developement in the near or far future! I hope I am WRONG!!!!!

The NDN (Very Disappointed)

Bandoler

Re: Correct!

Postby Bandoler » Wed Oct 16, 2002 6:28 pm

ndnchief wrote: I hope I am WRONG!!!!!

...and i hope you're wrong too. More than hoping, you can make yourself wrong by contributing in the game engine.

Personally i want to understand the architechture of the engine to see what can i do to contribute to it. And for this, i first want to learn to use it, so i'm waiting for some docs to come out. It's understandable that major efforts go to the main parts of the programs in the first stages, but hey, it's all in our hands now.

Bandoler!

Doogs

Postby Doogs » Thu Oct 17, 2002 12:17 am

NDN,

fool! They took out SOLID physics engine to put in ODE physics engine, that will take a month or so. Chill out. Game Blender will be nothing but better and better in time :)

Doogs

Bandoler

other engines

Postby Bandoler » Thu Oct 17, 2002 5:57 pm

Doogs wrote:NDN,
They took out SOLID physics engine to put in ODE physics engine, that will take a month or so.
Doogs

There are other good physics engines around. Maybe the best would be to write an API of the physics requeriments of Blender, so any physics engine fullfilling this API could be plugged-in. In my modest knowledge about it i think that in the end physics engines apis are relatively simple. What forum should i post this?

Bandoler!

Doogs

Postby Doogs » Thu Oct 17, 2002 11:58 pm

Not sure Bandolier, however if you go to your newly compiled version of blender 2.25b, and go into world options, there already was a physics engine selector...... :)

doogs

Return to “Interactive 3d”