Will Peach be on Blu-ray? I was wondering if you guys have considered researching how to make a Blu-ray movie. Maybe now would be the time to create a new open source project dedicated to designing Blu-ray movies.
Thanks for the feedback.
Peach will be on two DVDs
|On the Peach DVD (two disks) you will find:
- The movie in best DVD quality widescreen format (versions in both NTSC and PAL)
- The HD version of the movie (.avi and/or .mov)
- Commentary tracks by the creators
- All .blend files, models, textures, and so on... the material used to create the movie.
- The original script, breakdown, storyboards
- Documentation and video tutorials by the team members about all technical aspects the movie; like how to re-use assets, animate characters, or add new shots.
Thanks, but what is keeping the team from doing it on Blu-ray or maybe HD-DVD too? Licensing fees? Expensive software? Or not enough time? Maybe your next Open Movie could work towards getting a 1080p Blu-ray or HD-DVD movie out for purchase online.
Thanks for your feedback.
TBH, what would be the point of putting it on Bluray/HDDVD, if it fits all on to two dvd's?
These new media formats have several disadvantages:
1, Expensive media/creators
2. Most people do not have one of these drives, so most people would not be able to use the content(I am certainly not going to pony up for a format that ends up like betamax)
You could distribute both, but then that adds to the cost and logistics of the situation, as you have two sets of media to deal with!
We definitely will try to figure out how to make a bluray or hd-dvd version, or help a third party creating it. Watching the movie in HD on a big screen is going to be awesome!
Toshiba Abandoned HD-DVD.
I agree with garwaymatt. Most people have a DVD player, and most f us do not have a Blue-ray player in our computer, so we would not be able to access the extra content.
Stick to DVDs, and Maybe have a special order section for Blue-ray if you guys ever figure it out