Previous Thread  Next Thread

chat icon Windows VC++ 6 Compile Problem..?

Curador3

Posted: Mon Apr 28, 2003 8:21 pm
Hey,

I've been having a problem compiling blender using Microsoft Visual C++ 6. I downloaded Blender from the CVS, and when I install all the extenal libraries etc. like Python, and Build all the intern libs, I get a compile error in the blender.dsw project file when I try compiling the blender project, it says this:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Build : warning : failed to (or don't know how to) build 'C:\Documents and Settings\CuradorIII\My Documents\SourceForge\Blender\blender\source\blender\misc\blendertimer.c'
Compiling...
blendertimer.c
fatal error C1083: Cannot open source file: 'C:\Documents and Settings\CuradorIII\My Documents\SourceForge\Blender\blender\source\blender\misc\blendertimer.c': No such file or directory
Error executing cl.exe.

blender.exe - 1 error(s), 1 warning(s)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Following this error, I went to the blender\misc directory, and blendertimer.c isn't there, I've downloaded a daily checkout also, but still no blendertimer.c, isn't this file supposed to be in blender yet? or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks,

-Sam
Email: YahooSpecials@aol.com

blackie

Posted: Tue Apr 29, 2003 8:33 am
hi curador3,

i browsed the cvs sources and as far as i can see the blendertimer.c and the header file are located in misc/attic, so they are old and maybe not used anymore.

the cvs comment says
Quote:
Obsoleted by editscreen.c:blender_test_break

you can try and copy the files or you could try changing makefiles.
maybe you also try to find the file including the blendertimer files ..

i suggest you try to copy it first Wink

blackie

Jump to: