Previous Thread  Next Thread

chat icon [PATCH] Scroll wheel zoom patch

beergeek

Posted: Wed Oct 16, 2002 8:23 pm
I just started playing around with blender today. I have made a little patch to support zooming with the scroll wheel. It only supports X11 (but Mac and Windows support would probably be easy. if there is interest I will do it). To apply the patch go to the base of your source directory and type patch -p1 < scroll_zoom.patch

Here is the patch file

Comments are appreciated.

Hopefully soon we can get a more formal way to submit patches.

enjoy!

MrMunkily

Posted: Wed Oct 16, 2002 8:56 pm
oooooh!!!

wait! I though the thing still dosen't compile?

beergeek

Posted: Wed Oct 16, 2002 9:04 pm
MrMunkily wrote:

wait! I though the thing still dosen't compile?

I have been using this guy's version...
http://www.linux.ucla.edu/~phaethon/blender/blender-autoconf.html
He wrote some autoconf scripts that make it a lot whole lot easier to compile (./configure && make). Hopefully these will make it in to the main blender CVS Smile

Debaser

Posted: Wed Oct 16, 2002 9:29 pm
beergeek wrote:
I just started playing around with blender today. I have made a little patch to support zooming with the scroll wheel. It only supports X11 (but Mac and Windows support would probably be easy. if there is interest I will do it). To apply the patch go to the base of your source directory and type patch -p1 < scroll_zoom.patch

Great Idea, why didn't I come up with that Razz

madprof

Posted: Wed Oct 16, 2002 10:24 pm
great!!

this is very cool. along with all the other nice fixes and such in the new version, I am happy. (not to mention being able to compile it! So thanks Smile !

Works flawlessly on my machine (mandrake 8.2, nvidia drivers) with a microsoft (only brand on the island. i wouldn't pick them by choice.) trackball.

Today is my birthday, so thanks to everyone for makeing it a good one ! (open-source blender that actually compiles is a brill prezzie! )

MadProf

PhaethonH

Posted: Wed Oct 16, 2002 11:08 pm
I'm still using my window manager setup from pre-opened Blender. My window manager (sawfish) checks if the active window is "Blender", then rearranges key bindings so that mousehwheel does special actions. Basically it binds the mousehwheel action to a synthesize-event function. In effect, it remaps the mousewheel, but really, sawfish just cuts off any mousewheel events to Blender and resends (fakes) different ones. That's why I've stuck it out with sawfish for over two (three?) years. The extensibility is great fun Smile

As an example of my sawfish Blender setup, mousehwheel alone did the same thing as keypad 8 and 2, that is rotate view up/down. In combination with Control, though (Control+wheelmouse), it actually zoomed (synthesized key events KP Plus/Minus). Alt+mousewheel flips through animation frames by 1 (synthesizes Alt+Left/Right Arrow keys) -- this is really fun, as I can just hold down Alt and spin the wheel to watch an animation Smile Hyper+mousewheel mimicks keypad 4 and 6 (rotate left/right). And so on. Sawfish is great Cool

beergeek

Posted: Thu Oct 17, 2002 6:15 am
I have put a new version of the patch in the same place as above. This is to go with the new version of the new version of the autoconfiscation build noted here

(one of the files I had modified has moved in the new version).

enjoy.

beatabix

Posted: Fri Oct 18, 2002 12:21 am
hey beergeek,
you do realise you just made history, don't you?

you just released the first patch for blender after the source release.
well done, pour yourself a beer or something

BEAT

kino

Posted: Fri Oct 18, 2002 3:11 am
Hi beergeek

Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

IT WORK!!!!

GREAT i'm really amazing, no word to explaine
really shocked, no problem to compile

Suse 7.3 Xfree 4.2 Gnome 2 Metacity
Log cord MM optical

no problem in other windows

WOW the first patch, the best !!!!

Cool Cool

Ciao
go to play with my wheel Laughing

adrian

Posted: Fri Oct 18, 2002 12:40 pm
I would be very grateful if you could write a patch for windows (wheelscroll).
All the best.

Jump to: