Place camera to current view

The interface, modeling, 3d editing tools, import/export, feature requests, etc

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

mrboni

Place camera to current view

Postby mrboni » Sun Aug 09, 2009 5:59 pm

Hi all.

Is there a function to move a camera to the position and rotation of the current view whilst editing?

I find it much easier to find the desired view while editing, rather than moving the camera with the grab and rotate commands.

Cheers!

zingbat

Postby zingbat » Sun Aug 09, 2009 10:01 pm

Yes. Browse the 3D view window menus.

"I find it much easier to find the desired view while editing, rather than moving the camera with the grab and rotate commands. "

In some occasions it's better to navigate with the camera selected. For instance with Shift-F the camera operates like a airplane with the mouse roller affecting speed. Also while the camera is selected using G will let you pan the camera and G plus Z (for Z axis) will move the camera forward or backward. R will rotate the camera on it's direction axis.

Nikprodanov

Postby Nikprodanov » Mon Aug 10, 2009 9:17 am

"I find it much easier to find the desired view while editing, rather than moving the camera with the grab and rotate commands. "

Yeah, i use that all the time because it's much easier to set it to the position/angle you need. To do it you need to select View -> Align View - > Align Active Camera to View. The hotkey for it is Ctrl+Alt+Numpad 0.

mrboni

Postby mrboni » Mon Aug 10, 2009 10:15 am

Thanks alot guys, that's brilliant.

'Plane mode' sounds interesting too.

Return to “Interface & Tools”