OpenGL exporter

Scripting in Blender with Python, and working on the API

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

vvizard

OpenGL exporter

Postby vvizard » Thu May 08, 2003 8:47 pm

I've recently started programming OpenGL, and pretty soon realized that being able to export 3D-coordinates from a 3D-program would be very comfortable instead of hard-coding them myself. So, having no experience with 3D-modellers, I went for a little "shopping" :) Being a Linux-user, the only options I got (as I know about) is Blender and Maya. Being a huge OpenSource advocate, (and poor student ;)) the choice naturally fell on blender. After a couple of hours reading tutorials, I was able to render simple stuff. Now I want to export this. So I went googling for an OpenGL exporter. Problem is, I can't find anyone working, and I dont know python, so I can't write my own :/

It looks to me like the blender-python-API is changing quite often, so maybe that's why none of the exporters I've found is working. I've got v2.23. Could anyone please point me in the direcition of an exporter that works, or point me in the right direction for finding a set of tutorials that might explain a non-python-programmer, how to write my own exporter?

Michel
Location: Somewhere below the rivers in Holland (but not Limburg)

Re: OpenGL exporter

Postby Michel » Mon May 12, 2003 10:41 am

Hi vvizard,

Here are some resources you can check:

Python main site (http://www.python.org/)
    There you'll find a lot of Python documentation - including good tutorials.

With regards,
Michel

SirDude

Postby SirDude » Mon May 12, 2003 5:51 pm

http://www-users.cs.umn.edu/~mein/blend ... rters.html

I used gl_exporter1.0 for the Monkey demo in the ghost project and had no problems with it.
(I Think I used 2.23 might have used 2.25)

Let me know if you can't get it working...

Return to “Python”