More help needed

Scripting in Blender with Python, and working on the API

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

More help needed

Postby truenoeks » Fri May 16, 2003 10:02 pm

1. How does the Blender co-ordinate system work? Is it spherical or cylidrical. I don't seem to be using it correctly.
2. How would one go about placing a object in the Blender 3d environment using sin cos and tan. For instance x = R * cos(Angle) in a polar co-ordinate sytem, how is x determined in the blender co-ordinate system?

Postby neil » Sat May 17, 2003 4:40 pm

No, blender uses straight cartesian coordinates? What problems are you having that suggest different? (remember that objects have their own local coordinate system which may not be aligned with the global coordinates).

The problem

Postby truenoeks » Sat May 17, 2003 5:06 pm

Problem breakdown:
I'm writing a toon shader for Blender. It calculates UV coordinates for a texture which is relative to the position of the lamp, the position of the object and the position of each vertex relative to the objects.
The problem is that when an object is rotated or sized the UV cordinates stays the same because the rotation of the object does not affect the rotation of the vertices. What I'm trying to do is place the lamp according to the roatation and size of each object in the scene so that the UV mapping may be correct.

Thanks for your response, I haven't been getting many of those.

Return to “Python”