Blender at CD High School

An open space where people who use Blender in an academic environment can share progress and the typical problems and needs of academic environments.

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

Blender at CD High School

Postby teachtech » Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:10 pm

Nice to see a fresh push for this forum. I've been away for some time.

Blender is being used in the Central Dauphin High School for the Drafting and Communication classes. Right now, we are finishing a project in our Technical Drawing 2 class (11th-12th graders) where they needed to select some type of simple machine with at least 3 moving parts. They developed and animated the models, then compiled screen shots and animations. Each student will be giving me their final animation, where I compile them into a final movie.

Next year will be exciting! I have developed a course called Computer Animation where we will focus on 2D and 3D animation, 2D and 3D games. I expect a lot of kids to sign up for it.

Postby kfarrow » Sun Jan 24, 2010 5:29 am

This sounds much background in Blender do the kids have prior to your course? Are they experienced in other animation programs? The Computer animation course sounds fantastic, will you be posting your clips? :P

Postby teachtech » Wed May 26, 2010 3:18 pm

Sorry for not replying sooner. I have not been in the forum for a while! We do not have a pre-requisite for the class, but some will have experience from my drafting classes or Communications tech. I'll just expect more from them :-)

I hope to post some finished project.

Return to “Academic & Research”