Blender Camera bug

Game Engine, Players & Web Plug-in, Virtual Reality, support for other engines

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

mirwits

Blender Camera bug

Postby mirwits » Sun May 11, 2003 5:07 pm

hey,

I am working on a project for school and we're making a space shooter.
But now we are done we have one problem the camera refuses to follow the space ship over the Z-ax now I found a blender script (Bah_camera_bug) and I did what the author said I should do but it just won't work! :(

So is here anybody who had the same problem and knows a way of solving the problem??

please reply I need any help I can get!!

thanx

lucky3

Postby lucky3 » Tue May 13, 2003 4:18 pm

sorry, it isn't any help to your problem but i just want to know where did you find your python script about the camera, thank.

lucky

Doogs

Postby Doogs » Tue May 13, 2003 4:42 pm

try parenting the camera to the object and then go into animation options and use SLOWPAR and change the offset to whatever you want. it works ;)

doogs

gorgan_almighty

Postby gorgan_almighty » Fri May 23, 2003 4:00 pm

Doogs wrote:try parenting the camera to the object and then go into animation options and use SLOWPAR and change the offset to whatever you want. it works ;)

doogs

Thats does a nice effect doogs, but its not the same as the camera effect at all.

I'm the author of that Bah_CamBug script, you can find it at: http://www.blender4ever.wcj.net/resources.shtml

I promise you it does work, you must have made a mistake following the instructions somewhere. Having said that, someone did point out a little omission I made in the instructions. Its an obvious step, but one of the instructions should really read: "Setup a camera actuator in emp1 that looks at emp2. Give it the the Min and Max values you want but set height to 0.00. Connect the actuator to an always sensor."

If that doesn't solve your problem, please feel free to email me at gorgan_almighty@yahoo.co.uk If you want, you can email me a copy of your blend file and I'll take a look for you, see whats wrong. :)

Hope you get it working!! :)

Keith. 8)

Return to “Interactive 3d”