San Diego Blender Users Group

Discuss and propose activities, arrange carpools, share hotel rooms, arrange dormitories...

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

Ghost_Train

San Diego Blender Users Group

Postby Ghost_Train » Mon May 26, 2008 12:28 am

If anyone lives in the San Diego, CA area, uses Blender, loves Blender,
wants to meet up with other people with like interest and is interested in
helping to get a Blender User's Group rolling, please...lets do.

The main spot for this topic is over at BlenderArtists
You can post here too, but I'm over there more than here...but don't
think I don't love this either. I just now found out that this is the
official forum. I always though BlenderArtists.org/forum was till
now. Weird huh?

Anyway. Lets do this.

Candacey

Postby Candacey » Tue Aug 04, 2009 9:25 pm

Count me in Ghost Train. I want to be part of the Blender Forum. I'm from San Diego. Thanks

Pret immobilier

stiv

Postby stiv » Wed Aug 05, 2009 7:05 am

I just now found out that this is the
official forum. I always though BlenderArtists.org/forum was till now. Weird huh?

The forum at blenderartists.org is for discussions about using Blender and showing your art. It is also the place where we run the splash screen contest for new releases. The forums here are for development issues.

You can use this as a guide:
http://www.blender.org/forum/

Pagos

Postby Pagos » Sat Jul 03, 2010 2:47 am

Definitely interested. You still doing this? Or has it way been layed to rest?

kevin_kings

Postby kevin_kings » Fri Jul 09, 2010 11:02 am

I'm interested to any updates?

Ghost_Train

Postby Ghost_Train » Sat Aug 14, 2010 12:38 pm

The group went on for a short time. Actually I think we made it to a 4th meeting. It ranged from 3-7 people showing up and half the time discussion turned to non-Blender topics. (grr if only I had leader skills). It was definitely fun to meet up though and I learned a lot from those knowledgeable participants. I've been using Blender for 6+ years and their smarts showed me I am just beginning to learn. Blender is so HUGE! I think everyone just got too busy with their own work to do it anymore. I'd still love to meet up. I would love to see the group re-ignited with more of a structure. It needs someone who can lead. Previously it was CJ Maynard and he did awesome. It would rock if we had a more consistent meeting place. Preferably a place with a projector and computers with Blender installed...but that's a luxury rarely available. Maybe if there was a topic picked out ahead of time and someone could demonstrate how they use Blender in that area.

I personally would love the focus to be on character animation/motion graphics, but I'm also interested in other areas of Blender.

Lets get discussion going on BlenderArtists and see if things pick up.

I'm also very busy, but if we decide a once-per-month meeting (before I think we did 1st Saturday of each month), I will definitely do my best to hold that commitment.

Return to “Blender Conference 2013”